FS: 2003 Kamaka HF-1 standard soprano with pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

janeray1940

Reaction score
I've never had any success at embedding pics in a post, so I'll start by posting a direct link to pics of the ukulele.

I've owned this ukulele since last June. It came to me new from a man who was downsizing his music school on the North Shore. He had originally gotten the uke from the Saint Andrews Priory school in Honolulu, when they downsized *their* music department. I was told it was brand new and had never been played, and it certainly looked like it. The side of the headstock is marked Saint Andrews Priory in what appears to be black Sharpie - I was going to have a luthier remove this, but then decided it was a part of the history of the uke and I left it alone.

The uke was my main player for a few months, until I got my first concert uke. While this one still gets played, it is still in very good, well-cared-for condition. It comes with the factory hardshell case and factory-installed passive pickup. It's currently strung with Aquila concert strings, which I think sound and feel great on a soprano (higher tension, longer sustain). This uke has 12 frets to the body and a total of 14 frets. I'll include a little Honeytone practice amp if you would like.

I'm selling this one to finance the purchase of a Kamaka HP-1 pineapple - it doesn't make sense for me to keep two soprano ukes, and I prefer the pineapple.

Asking $475 shipped, CONUS. Open to reasonable offers - doesn't hurt to ask me :)

2003KamakaHF1

Sound sample with Aquila Concert strings (chords).

Sound sample with Aquila Concert strings (campanella melody).

Sound sample with Aquila Soprano strings

Last edited:
Does this link work for you? I can't embed photos in a post for some reason. Let me know if that link doesn't work and I'll post my pics elsewhere and try again - thanks.

I think I figured out what I have to do to get pics posted. Can you see me now?

Attachments

• IMG_7114.jpg
    IMG_7114.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7115.jpg
    IMG_7115.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7113.jpg
    IMG_7113.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7111.jpg
    IMG_7111.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7109.jpg
    IMG_7109.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 47
Any idea what would be involved in removing that "Saint Andrews Priory? from the side of the headstock? Can it be done without damaging the headstock?

I'm not sure - another UU member suggested toothpaste could remove it, but I haven't tried that yet. I'll try to bring it by the guitar shop this weekend to see if I can get a more expert opinion, and I'll get back to you.

Okay, after careful contemplation... I think I'm going to ask the mods to close this thread. Mods, are you there? Thanks :)

I've gotten several *seriously* lowball offers on this. Like I said, it doesn't hurt to ask, but really - be realistic. And when I say "thanks but no thanks," please respect that. You know what this uke is worth, and I know what this uke is worth. At the moment, I'm not exactly desperate to sell it - really, keeping it wouldn't be such a bad thing. So at least for the time being, I think that's what I may do.

Okay, after careful contemplation... I think I'm going to ask the mods to close this thread. Mods, are you there? Thanks :)

Thread now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom