Wishlist - What uke do you want or have UAS for?

Huna

Reaction score
I am wishing for an OHANA SK-38. Want to buy one pretty soon.

I also looked at an OHANA SK-25 and it had a different logo on the headstock. Sort of an Ohana in all caps and block print letters with a pineapple. I am wondering if that is a new look for Ohana?

MAN! That's a loaded question! I could come up with a dozen or so with out thinking to hard, but the top few would have to be, Kamaka HF-2, Koaloha Concert, Ohana Cedar top, a solid mango, and lately I've been itching to try out an Eleuke.

Paulele Bamboo Soprano with cutaway. Played one in a shop a few weeks back, and was waaaaay more impressed with the sound than I thought I'd be.

On my UAS shortlist...

Cheers,
Skottoman

Hmm, a koaloha koa pineapple longneck soprano ;_;

Lanikai 8-String Electric/Acoustic

I had UAS for a Mya-Moe... should be cured by Wednesday. :)

Aloha Huna,
Actually I'm want alot of ukes...but I have many already and only two hands..must try to control my UAS....lately it has been good..so far..MM Stan

I would ideally like a Mya-moe tenor at some point but before that, I dunno. I would really like a Lanikai LU-21TE, seems a good, cheap uke with good quality. I'd also quite like a little Green Makala Dolphin!...
Cheers -F

Understand your UAS for the SK-38! I love mine.
I purchased a CK-35G about a month ago. Like the way it feels and plays, but not "big" on the Concert size sound. UAS makes me want a OHANA Concert Neck version of the SK-38, but not available. So, my # 1 UAS desire now is a Kiwaya KSL-2!

A Pono RDT all rosewood Tenor, or some dark mahogany tenor (maybe Loprinzi mahogany tenor "B" satin finish.

I've had UAS for a Tiki Flea, which should be cured any day now. I'm a little bit nervous as I haven't played one before, yet consistently hear good things about them. I also always wanted a spalted mango uke from the day I first started playing, and last week my Lanikai SMCE came through and wowed me, not just for its looks but its sound too.

Lastly, my first 'proper' uke was a Samich, lovely maple concert uke. I've wanted to upgrade it to something solid and more professional, almost plumped for a maple tenor from Bluegrass ukes but eventually went for an Ohana limited edition, which sounds stunning. It's coming through late July/early August, really can't wait.

Eventually I'll buy myself a banjo uke, in the meantime I'll practice my fingerpicking before going for one early next year, most probably from Mainland.

Gretsch Baritone, Favilla B2s (Sprucetop) Baritone, Gibson Baritone, Martin Baritone

I would love to have anything that is above something extremely cheap. at least a somewhat professional instrument with nice wood.
if i could have anythign I wnated though, I'd realy love a beautiful vintage koa uke with rope binding.
still I love my trashbin ukulele, im greatful to have it.
I have a coconut uke I am trying to build and my brother is supose to send me a cigarbox one he built mabee so those are my 2 next prospects.
My other wish is to be lucky enough to win a nice uke in a contest someday ;) a slim chance but ill keep trying. i keep playing the lottery too ha!

Well, if it's about wishing, I wouldn't be sad if a Martin 3k suddenly appeared on my doorstep.
If its about buying....I'm good at the moment. ;)

Top Bottom