Anyone bought a Kamaka Concert HF-2LK (Tenor Neck)???

I doubt it as there are only less than a handful (one hand)of owners that probably have one in usa. Japan has hundreds maybe someone from there I have played all the soprano longneck the concert longneck and 18" scale tenor and and loved them all....

Are you sure they are tenor neck? A few months back, Kamaka told me that they are concert scale but with an extended fretboard joined at the 14th fret. If that's the same one, I played one at the ukulele shop in the Hilton Hawaiian Village. I was surprised that it didn't seem any different than playing my HF-2 - the 14-fret join didn't really make playing up the neck any easier, or sound that much better. I mean, they're Kamakas, they're all great, but it wasn't great enough to justify the extra money for what amounted to just a little more room.

I've been told that they are Tenor necks. Jake S. has talked about them. I've found a couple shops that have them, advertising them as a tenor neck 17" scale. So I'd imagine that they are. I've got to call Kamaka back today, I'll ask them for verification on it :)

P.S. I just realized that my Avatar makes me look 12 years old hahaha

I've been told that they are Tenor necks. Jake S. has talked about them. I've found a couple shops that have them, advertising them as a tenor neck 17" scale. So I'd imagine that they are. I've got to call Kamaka back today, I'll ask them for verification on it :)

P.S. I just realized that my Avatar makes me look 12 years old hahaha

LOL! Your avatar looks SO MUCH like one of my exes, actually, that it never crossed my mind that it makes you look 12 years old :)

As for the HF-2LK - keep us posted as to what you hear back from Kamaka. Now I'm really curious about these. I'm assuming the benefit would be a more traditional and less tenor-y sound out of the concert body, but more room on the fretboard?

I've got a line on a shop that has 2 of them right now. He said that they are tenor necks. He won't be back to his shop until next monday though :(

I was looking at a KoAloha, but I'm afraid that I've been bitten by the Kamaka bug :D

Ok. So I just got off the phone with the fine folks at Kamaka. The lady I spoke with couldn't find the spec sheet, but she said the Concert Longneck is longer than a concert, but shorter than a tenor. 16" scale length then? She wouldn't say definitely though, just said it's a little shorter than a tenor. So maybe even 16.5". You know I may have to take one for the team and buy one so that everyone knows 100% ;)

On a side note, they also told me about their Ameritage cases. They only have them for Tenor's, they are $300. And they have a bag you can buy that goes around the case as a protection for the case, it is $125. They said it is the same case that the Jake ukes came with.

Also, a little rant, why do so many Kamaka dealers charge so much for their Kamaka's??? I was asking about wood upgrades, and they don't charge anywhere near what some dealers charge for upgraded wood! I had several dealers tell me that it'd cost $1000 or more for 3-4A koa! Kamaka charges $360 upgrade for 3A, and $450 for 4A. No wonder music shops get a bad wrap sometimes! Ok, rant over.

Top Bottom