2 tunes inspired by the doc...

H

Hippie Dribble

howdy gang

recorded a couple a ol tunes this morning.

One called "Rosetta" (Earl Hines 1934)

and the other "Don't You Leave Me Here" (Jelly Roll Morton 1939)

I used a maple beansprout uke. Both of these recordings are inspired by drbekken's versions of them. He's the best thing I heard on uketube in many a long time. If you want some real good sweet home cookin why not stop by his channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/drbekken

The doctor is in! Fabulous vintage uke tunes and a voice equal parts gravel and honey and as smooth as well worn leather slippers. The closest you'll get to New Orleans without travellin there

Thanks for looking. :eek:

Last edited:
These are awesome Jon.. Love that Beansprout too! Sounds so nice!! Thanks again for sharing your incredible talent with us!

Great job, Jon! Both you and drbekken are my vintage uke tune inspirations. Keep 'em coming!

You are great! Thanks for sharing,
Don

Today is a good day. Tomorrow is the last day of school (YES! SUMMER IS HERE), my chooks are singing away to some amazing vintage Ukulele, and all I have to do is check around and see what Eugene and the Doc are up too. You both did an outstanding job on these two
Thanks all around guys.
Although the sinister part of me is hoping for a UKE-OFF in the style of those horrid 80's movies about break dancing, I will settle for transcontinental inspiration providing perfect entertainment.
Our boy from the US tells me has a video of a gig coming as well- look out for Jnobianchi and his little banjo-uke soon :)

Awe shucks- while I am at it...no ukulele ahead, but Brother Bones is always a treat

Last edited:
Aloha Eugene,
You and the Doc got it down...vintage music style...soo cool Keep them coming...MM Stan

thanks so much guys for the kind words about these two songs. Blame the doc for being so bloody fantastic. Bout time he starts doing some uke shows to add to his piano stuff I reckon... :)

Awe shucks- while I am at it...no ukulele ahead, but Brother Bones is always a treat

thanks Dave for this clip mate. That's some ridiculously awesome whistling. Just brilliant.

Top Bottom