My latest added to my personal collection

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I think ya'll have seen this one before. But, I just got around to setting this one up. I am not going to list this one for sale, because 1: I fell in love with this one. 2: I want to take this model and use it as a platform to do some experimentation with it. This is the one I want to come up with a way to install a pickup in it. Sure, it's gonna be a tough install, but I have a plan.

This one, is a really nice uke. I like the style allot, but I had thought it would have some volume issues, but it is suprisingly loud. Personally, I didn't think it had enough sound hole area, but, really it sounds fine. This is going to be my Dük Model 5T. This specific one is all solid Mahogany top, back and sides, as well as a mahogany neck. Rosewood fretboard. MOP and Abalone inlay, as well as a cool strip of inlaid woods along the body, and wraps around and back up the back. The stripe is an inlay of different wood, maple, rosewood, and ebony. I really like this one. After set up, I have the action really low on this one, and it plays wonderfully, with a really nice warm tone. I really fell in love with it's tone. I think Bruce could have done better with the finish on this one. There are more finish issues than I would like, but, I really want to do a refin on this one anyway. I am going to refinish it in a gloss Nitro Lacquer, that I think will make this thing really pop. I love the all mahogany, and subtle look of it. The gloss Lacquer I think will really take this one to a really envious level and really bring out the rich mahogany to match it's tone..

I been playing this one all yesterday and this morning, even with my bum finger. I might get a sound sample done today if I can get some feeling back in my finger (the one the dog tried to eat).

5Tf.jpg

5Te.jpg

5Tc.jpg

5Ta.jpg

Thats a sharp looking Uke!!!!

Thanks, I think so too. I think it would be better without the abalone rose inlay on the fretboard, but it's still subtle enough I reckon. When I start getting these made specifically for my logo, they won't have those over the top inlays on them.

Aaron. I am always open to suggestions. My plan is to do it all through a oversized hole cut for the jack, then a jack plate put on to install the jack in. Any suggestions on other ways, as well as hardware are absolutly welcomed. I am not sure what pick up to use. I want a good one, but to keep costs down and price point don't want a high end one either. I want to keep my ukes under $300, but closer to $250. What ya got brudda?

I don't have any uke pickups in stock. I can order them.

Actually that's the best way I've found to do them too :) That is if you are going with an active pickup.

If you are going with a passive piezo, you can use this output jack from All parts and install the piezo, then fish the wire through the end pin hole. Solder it to this output jack and screw this jack in place and you are done.

I had a piezo on mind. PM me with info on one you can get please..

which finger is the Bum finger again ?

My left hand index. It is much better today, but the tip is till numb, and not much feeling in it. He got me right at the base of the nail pretty deep which bruised that area and my nail in turning gray. And a good puncture on the pad of my index. So, makes it interesting to play using that one, and my index in my General. My other fingers feel lost without their leader at 100% lol

That is a beauty, you're not helping my UAS!!!

That is a beauty, you're not helping my UAS!!!

But JBug, in another thread, you said your UAS is filling you with music and happiness, so I'm gonna take that as a compliment.. lol

But JBug, in another thread, you said your UAS is filling you with music and happiness, so I'm gonna take that as a compliment.. lol

LOL!! Too true!!! Just wish my bank manager felt the same way!

Those are some nice sound holes bro, very distinctive style and look. Gratz on the new uke!

Aren't they? I wasnt very optimistic about the sound from them when I ordered it. I didn't think it would be very loud, and sound muted. But, it shocked me, it sounds great. I just strung it up with Concert Nylguts to brighten up a little bit, and this tenor sounds great and plenty loud strung with the concerts. I'm happy with it, and happy to be able to add it to my personal stash, as well as a model I will offer in both Mahogany and Acacia.

Great to see the collection spreading. I heard in another thread you have a room dedicated to ukes i guess that is soon to be a house.

Great to see the collection spreading. I heard in another thread you have a room dedicated to ukes i guess that is soon to be a house.

lol.. Yeah.. It's filling up.. lol.. Fortunatly, we live in an old house that has 5 bedrooms, and only the teenaged daughter left in the house, so we have some room, but it's getting smaller and smaller in here.. hehheh...

Top Bottom