IPAD 2 for Practice

Capt Roy

Reaction score
I picked up a IPAD 2 a few weeks ago on a whim.. Last week I was working on Sloop John B and not having a great of luck in G.

I brought up youtube, found the song with a tutorial by Ukulele Mike..

Boy did it make it easy... I played along with him at least 10 times...Strumming and cord progression came right with his..

Sloop John B is now on my entertainment list..

It almost makes it like you are playing with someone.

I think this is going to be a great learning tool..

Capt Roy

They're great for downloading the PDF songsheets we use when I go to my local uke club. I download them in advance and have them stored in iBooks. Sits perfectly on a music stand and no more need for a big fat binder full of 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper!

They're great for downloading the PDF songsheets we use when I go to my local uke club. I download them in advance and have them stored in iBooks. Sits perfectly on a music stand and no more need for a big fat binder full of 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper!
I'm finding this to be useful, also. I have a big fat binder too, but prefer the iPad

Great for poorly lit areas or peeps like me that need a little vision help. :cool: Not so great when you're outside in nice sunny weather.

Please feel free to download my pdfs. Just go to the MP3 link below my signature. Once there, look for
my email address with (at) in parentheses. If you click on that you'll have the full menu of all the files and categories
in my 4shared account.

The MP3s will be the audio renditions of the pdfs.

Keep uke'in',

Please feel free to download my pdfs. Just go to the MP3 link below my signature. Once there, look for
my email address with (at) in parentheses. If you click on that you'll have the full menu of all the files and categories
in my 4shared account.

The MP3s will be the audio renditions of the pdfs.

Keep uke'in',

That's great! Thank you!

I love my iPad 1 for this as well. I have an app called GoodReader that I sync with a DropBox account. When I find tab/chords/whatever from my desktop computer, I save it and drop it into a directory that automatically gets synced to my dropbox account, and then I can sync that folder down to the iPad. I adooooore this. There's also an 4 track recording app called StudioMiniXL that works pretty well with a mic for getting down song ideas or recording your practices too.

I love my iPad 1 for this as well. I have an app called GoodReader that I sync with a DropBox account. When I find tab/chords/whatever from my desktop computer, I save it and drop it into a directory that automatically gets synced to my dropbox account, and then I can sync that folder down to the iPad. I adooooore this. There's also an 4 track recording app called StudioMiniXL that works pretty well with a mic for getting down song ideas or recording your practices too.

Oh thanks for posting the info. I was just searching for just those types of apps!

There's also an 4 track recording app called StudioMiniXL that works pretty well with a mic for getting down song ideas or recording your practices too.

Oh, I should mention you need the Camera Connection Kit - you use the USB one to plug in a USB mic. Undocumented awesome feature :D

Oh thanks for posting the info. I was just searching for just those types of apps!

You're welcome! If you don't already have a dropbox account, it would be great if you use a link from me as a referral. I get more free space doing that, and you get an extra 250 MB too.

Yet another reason I need to get an iPad, well, not *need* but would like, but it's unlikely to happen, too busy saving for Ukes!

Thanks for sharing the info though!

I think you can get garageband for the ipad. So you can plug in your ukulele and get cool effects and then output it. Which is a good alternative to buying expensive pedal boards!

There are a couple of pay apps worth looking at as well, miso music has a small selection of uke songs available and are promising more on the way. It is a strange mix of guitar hero and tablature but I have been enjoying it. http://www.misomedia.com

On the music path (awesome for guitar learning) has a series for the Uke by Jake Shimabukuro coming out soon as well. http://onthepathapp.com/?page_id=609

Capt Roy - Thanks for turning me onto Ukulele Mike. Great resource for a newbie like me. I also recently bought an iPad 2. Now I have another great use for it, thanks to you.

Top Bottom