How many Eleuke owners out there?

GKK

Reaction score
Just wondering how many have an Eleuke.

I want to buy an RH Series Tenor because I love the look and electric sound from it. I also, like the MP3 input so, I can practice with the music from my Apple Touch.

The Headphone output is also, a great feature and I found the RH Series Tenor for $209 with free shipping which is very affordable for an electric Uke so, I'm thinking of getting it.

The Risa is a very nice electric uke but, does not have all these features and is very expensive!

Last edited:
Count me in! I had a RISA stick, but sold it - nice instrument, but nothing to hold onto! Next, an Eleuke Pineapple Soprano. Now, an Eleuke Jazz Cutaway Concert. Very playable, and well made. Mostly used w/earbuds, but I got a Roland Microcube too. A bit of reverb & chorus, and it sounds like any 'uke in Sam Bonanno's vids from Larry's music.
:p

Check out MIM's ukuleles. I got a good price, 2-day included shipping, and the 'uke was well setup.

I want to buy from Mim's but, they don't have the White RH series Tenor. The RH series are very hard to find in stock.

My husband and I both have Eleukes (tenor for him, concert for me). I also have a Risa concert stick. And while I love my Risa and rarely play my Eleuke, I think that for most people the Eleuke would be a better choice. With the MP3 input and headphone jack, it's hard to beat. Plus it feels more "normal" to play.

Mim is the Eleuke Gal. She can definitely hook you up!

I want to buy from Mim's but, they don't have the White RH series Tenor. The RH series are very hard to find in stock.

Did you call her? Lots of her stuff is not listed on eBay, or she can order it for you if she doesn't have it.

I have an eleuke, that surpassed ALL of my expectations at UWC... It amped up perfectly, and sounded better than I could possibly imagine. Its concert size, with Worth Clears on, low G tuning. It made the rounds of UWC, and not so surprisingly, became a very loved object by people with hearing impairment-- that headphone jack gets plenty loud.

I have an eleuke too. I just love everything about it! It feels so good in the hands, so playable and sounds amazing! I bought mine from Mim too. I highly recommend her for sure!

No, I didn't call Mim but, I will because I like the fact that she'll setup the Eleuke before sending it out.

I am a new Eleuke owner, and very happy with mine. Except for the part where I keep going to the store and buying new and interesting devices to use with it :D

I really haven't used the mp3 jack much yet, but my hubs is also a music person, so I don't have to worry about being quiet... In fact, it's all cranked up, hehehe!

I got my concert eleuke from Mim and couldn't be happier with it.

The customer service is so amazing that I'm now addicted to her! *grin*

But the ukulele itself is WONDERFUL! I play it at open mics and it always gets a mention for its looks... and then gasps for how it sounds!

And being able to play as hard as I like in the middle of the night, with the headphones on or not, is a MAJOR bonus.

My son bought me an Eleuke concert for a present. It blackline florocarbon strings. I really like it. Some songs just sound better on solid body electric. Plus you can pretend you are a rock star.

I don't have one...YET! I've always found them a bit goofy looking ( guess I'm just old fashioned, but prefer traditional looking ukes). But I really like the idea of playing along with an MP3 with headphones on at 2:00 AM and not bothering my Shmoopie. Definately Mim is the way to go, I was able to visit her shop a few weeks ago and she is amazing. I hope to get one soon.

I bought a rosewood tenor eleuke from Mim, who posts photos of the actual uke you select in her eBay store, sets the uke up before shipping, ships fast, and sent the ukulele with a digital tuner. I haven't played mine as much as I thought I would because I don't have an amp for it yet and my neighbors don't seem to mind if I play my acoustic ukes later in the evening. However, I'm glad I got one. It's fun to play and comfortable to use (I have an ukulele strap for it) and I like the way it sounds.

I got a rosewood concert that I like to plug into my Honeytone amp...they are a great duo..and for 20 bucks can't go wrong....

I have a prototype concert acoustic electric, the BC-50E, never made it into production.
Very mellow, I love it.

i currently have 2 Eleukes, a Tenor solid-body blue one and the special edition Cigar box acoustic-electric.
Love them both, the cigar box is really loud. My loudest acoustic and the pickup works awesome. There is also a built-in chorus effect, which is fun.

yeh i have one, its ok, really chunky neck which is great for my guitar playing hands, its just sits really comfy in your hand right from the off.
the intonation is spot on, the set up is smooth and I can bounce around on the fretboard as smooth as silk, a joy to play.

Also, in practice (unplugged) mode, its awesome, I can get in hours and hours of home practice without driving the whole house nuts.

Plugged in it is a whole different beast !. I have really battled with it as an electric instrument, the pick up seems wrong somehow, first of all the 3rd string (C string) is overloud, I know that tends to happen on lots of ukes but miked up this one really was over the top, droning, overpowering booming C string that was impossible to tame with the regular tone knob on the uke or with the tone eq on my little Roland Micro Cube.

In fact, I blamed the cube at first, rather unfairly it seems because when I plug the uke straight into the PC and bypass the Roland it still boomed out on that bloody C string.

Well finaly after a couple of months of wondering what to do about it, and pretty much just using the uke as an uplugged practice uke, I have made some progress in sorting out the sound and just what is going on with it.

NEW STRINGS ! Have made all the difference ( I know, lol, I can see peoples heads shaking and then nodding wisely).

I know about new strings too, i'm not a total idiot haha, but the eleuke came shipped with new aquilas (sexy black ones), and they did feel super dooper to play, even right up to the end of their life, but because the uke was being played unplugged, i never noticed the sound deteriorating, but when I ran my fingers along the underside of the strings, WOW, fret dents everywhere.

so off they came, and on went a brand new set up aquila concerts (not the black ones), and the uke came alive completely, amazingly so in fact, its bouncier, snappier, and best of all, that over dominance of the C string has really settled down, plugged in its like a different instrument, much more balanced and richer.

I do think that the pick up system is probably cheap and nasty and could do with upgrading, but its not high on my list of uke things to do.

So do i like my Eleuke ? Definately, its a real show stopper too when you pull it out in front of other muso's, especially guitarists, see that self congratulatory smirky sneer that they pull as soon as you mention your uke just slide right off their silly six string faces when you whip this sucker out, plug it in to a fuzz box with overdrive and let rip, it's worth it just for that moment.

if you can afford it and you love ukes then I reckon the Ele is a cool addition to the fleet..

Top Bottom