Ohana SK21 Sopranino

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Ukulista

Reaction score
Nice second hand sopranino. Well used and strung with Worth strings (Low G but extra string included). This one plays really mellow with present strings. For a brighter sound fit Aquila strings.
I've part polished this one so don't expect the original matt finish.
This one has had geared tuners fitted, they came from a Makala MKs
and are nice and neat and totally in keeping with this beautifull little ukulele. Comes in an Ohana case made for Sopranino..ohana sk21 002.jpgohana sk21 003.jpgohana sk21 001.jpgohana sk21 004.jpg
I'm looking for offers. At the end of 5 days I will select the best 3 offers
and randomly select the purchaser. You can do this through private message. Therefore this is a sealed bid arrangment. Be reasonable with your offer I'm looking for a reasonable price. Remember you will be paying $20 postage. If the final purchaser withdraws I will offer to the next in line.

Last edited:
Nice second hand sopranino. Well used and strung with Worth strings (Low G but extra string included). This one plays really mellow with present strings. For a brighter sound fit Aquila strings.
I've part polished this one so don't expect the original matt finish.
This one has had geared tuners fitted, they came from a Makala MKs
and are nice and neat and totally in keeping with this beautifull little ukulele. Comes in an Ohana case made for Sopranino..View attachment 24398View attachment 24397View attachment 24393View attachment 24394
I'm looking for offers. At the end of 5 days I will select the best 3 offers
and randomly select the purchaser. You can do this through private message. Therefore this is a sealed bid arrangment. Be reasonable with your offer I'm looking for a reasonable price. Remember you will be paying $20 postage. If the final purchaser withdraws I will offer to the next in line.

so it almost like I bid what I want but i may not get even if I am highest bidder?
No thanks. Good luck with the sell though.

sorry I Ukulista, don't understand the logic or equanimity or fairness associated with this idea at all. I think I agree with John here....why not set a price as it sounds as though you may have a fair idea of what you want in any case. Something in my spirit rails against this whole concept. Were it me I would set an asking price and put an obo or send it to ebay.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Hope someone is interested for you.

EDIT / I Ukulista, I just read a post from one of the mods in this thread http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?48205-FS-K-Tenor-brand-ukulele and I'm wondering if this type of sale isn't within the marketplace rules. Don't want to stir up controversy, just so you're aware mate...

Last edited:
Ebay does bidding auctions I think? I would start there and see what the market suggests...

I'll take it, but ya got to let me know what ya want for it, and I'll tell ya yep, or nope.. Good luck widdit..

While we, as moderators, tend to use the term "rules" when we refer to this thread, they are really just guidelines and tips.

Any seller who does not follow those guidelines takes certain risks.

We may officially call the set of guidelines "rules" at some point in the future - but doing so will open a whole new bag of issues.

Bottom line - we can't be responsible for transactions gone wrong in the Marketplace. Remember, YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT BUYING IT.

End of sale

Sopranino withdrawn from sale due to lack of reasonable offers..

I have noted that this idea drew quite a lot of critisism...
This is a market place and as long as a sale /offer arrangement is open transparent and honest.. No one really should be sticking their noses in.
One would n't stand out side a shop and pontificate on the shop keepers methods of drawing attention to products for sale. So why do it here.

There is a guy on this site trying to sell a couple of concert ukuleles
and guess what....Some one has hijacked his sale to argue about Koa and Acacia....Destroyed his chances of a sale.....

If you have opinions use other threads...Leave the market place alone.

Don't expect further reply......

Not sure if you will read, if ya respond or not. But, it's a cool lil uke that someone would love to give a new home to. Just try a different post and just state what ya want for it. Example: $150 obo
Just start out with a reasonable figure you expect, or would like to see for it. You would get more serious offers for it. Hope ya find it a new home..

sorry you feel that way. nobody was trying to sabotage your sale. they are great ukes with many potential buyers always for them. For me, I wanted to draw your attention to the fact that in EVERY marketplace thread I've ever read the mods ALWAYS make a point to the seller that he/she must name a price obo if they neglect to do so initially. That was all. believe me, from selling and buying many things on marketplaces, the scenario you put on the table was not gonna win you many serious offers. you'll have no probs whatsoever selling it, just help yourself out by naming a price obo.

While we, as moderators, tend to use the term "rules" when we refer to this thread, they are really just guidelines and tips.

Any seller who does not follow those guidelines takes certain risks.

We may officially call the set of guidelines "rules" at some point in the future - but doing so will open a whole new bag of issues.

Bottom line - we can't be responsible for transactions gone wrong in the Marketplace. Remember, YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT BUYING IT.

MOD...Please lock as it's not for sale...It seems like Mods are not consistent. I copied Kanaka916 comments on another thread below. Sellers could do whatever but there should be a purchase price!!!! The seller is being rude and getting upset when people are helping him out.

Kanaka916
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MauiWowie
I have pretty good offer atm, but if someone can at least do $400 that would be nice. It will include the Ko'olau Hard Case,Extra set of Aquila Nylgut strings,Herco Humidifier and UPS Ground Shipping. I also just put on new Aquila strings yesterday.

This is not an auction and do not make it a bidding war, that is the reason why you need a cost. Edit the post to include price, S+H, etc. by Friday, 12 PM Pacific Time. Send me a PM if you have a question, Much Mahalos . . .

Yes...a lot of people here would be happy to buy your sopranino. Personally, I know that I would rather see a price than engage in blind bidding. If you name a price, the instrument will be gone in two seconds, and I shall shake the Fist of Rage at having missed out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom