It's finally here!

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
No, this is not another thread about the arrival of a beautiful new ukulele. After being in busines for over 20 years as a custom cabinetmaker, I finally have launched my website; www.dkcrown.com. There have been many reasons for the delay, most of which I won't go into. But I have been waiting patiently for well over a year for Bert Jackson of Koa Media Interactions LLC to take me on as a client and design my site. He came highly recommended, and he is a uke player to boot!, which is how I finally got my foot in the door.

So I am asking all of my friends here at the UU to check it out and give me your feedback, whatever that may be. Click on everything, use the slide shows, surf all over the place, and give it a whirl. Is it easy to navigate? Is there too much text? Not enough?

While you won't find any ukuleles on it, there is plenty of eye candy.(Although to keep this somewhat uke oriented, I have some beautiful walnut and quilted mahogany set aside for when I actually have some spare time to build some ukes.) The photos represent only a small percentage of my work over the years. Now that I have the site up and running, it will provide me with some much needed initiative to get back out there and photograph more of my work.

Thanks for looking.
dk

Wow! That's impressive. I'd wish you luck, but it appears that you don't need any.
I'm a round-sider myself; if I had a table saw in my shop it would just be a table.

R

Wow.. The website it excellent. Easy to navigate, easy to find information! And your work is superb! Way to go and congrats on the new website!!

Check how things line up at the bottom of the page. Looks to be off and makes it hard to read the words. I could focus on the positives but I don't think that would help you as much so I will be nit-picky Nellie.

Hi Dana

just a beautiful website mate, really well done. Difficult to find fault with it. Your work is fabulous. Eugenie has just described the site as 'simple, classy and elegant'...yep that'll do me too.

Congratulations on having a long term vision realised brother. Wishing you all the best from across the oceans. :)

D -- it looks fantastic!! I'm so happy for you, what a cool website and your work is just stunning. Just beautiful.

PS - how about those Sox, eh? ;)

Check how things line up at the bottom of the page. Looks to be off and makes it hard to read the words. I could focus on the positives but I don't think that would help you as much so I will be nit-picky Nellie.

Hi Nellie. Are you talking about the home page? I just went back to see if things were amiss, but everything appeared to be aligned. Thanks for the critique as that is what I am looking for.

D -- it looks fantastic!! I'm so happy for you, what a cool website and your work is just stunning. Just beautiful.

PS - how about those Sox, eh? ;)

6 of 7 from the Yanks so far. Life is good after a rough start to the season. And Adrian Gonzalez's swing is like Buttah!

Went to the home page. How do I block this site so my wife can never see it? I am in the middle of redoing the kitchen myself and it does not look anywhere as nice as what you do. That is beautiful work. I have countertops coming in 2 weeks! Ugh! Hope they go in well! Ha! Nice site!

Classy web site Dana! Bert is a great guy and he did good by you.
Love that dingy breakfast bar!

Thanks Chuck. Bert told me he has been to the "Moore Estate."

We built that boat in the shop, a 9' 6" rowing pram, and then proceded to cut it in half and made a bar out of it. It was a fun project. But then again, they all are fun.

Great site and work. Portfolio is easy to navigate and the photography really lets the craftsmanship show through. I'm not far from you in RI and would like to recommend you to several of my friends who are doing remodels. I'm assuming you would do work in Lil' Rhody?

Aloha Dana,
Wow Beautiful site and work...you truely are a master in what you do...congratulations on the new site..it is awesome..MM Stan

Great site and work. Portfolio is easy to navigate and the photography really lets the craftsmanship show through. I'm not far from you in RI and would like to recommend you to several of my friends who are doing remodels. I'm assuming you would do work in Lil' Rhody?

Thanks for taking the time to check out the site. I actually have so much work that I don't have to travel outside of a three town radius from where my shop is, let alone going off Cape or even over to Lil' Rhody. But if they ever buy a house on the Outer Cape, I would be my priviledge to work with your friends.

A big thank you to everyone for your kind words about the site and my work. A fella could get a big head listening to you guys.:)

Top Bottom