Cordoba 20TM vs. Kala KA-ST

benybrady

Reaction score
Any thoughts. Sorry newbie here but looking for a solid top tenor.

Here's that Kala, properly set up.
http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukulelemarket/kala-ka-t-tenor-ukulele-package
and one with a pickup
http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukulelemarket/kala-ka-t-tenor-ukulele-package

Hawaiianmusicsupply just sent out an mail...they just got in some Cordobas and of course do their amazing set up, but not on web page yet. I have a Solid top acoustic/electric cutaway and I think it's a good uke for the price, but I'm not sure I'd have paid $200 for it...got mine used. I hear good things about them from actual Cordoba Owners, but then those Kalas are really sweet and a good uke for the money...a real favorite for both new and seasoned players.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The ST is just one of the solid tops the one listed above is solid mahogaheny top. comes with a excellant case. the one marked at Hawaii music by phil are the ka t not st so probably not solid tops so they would be a bit cheaper. Looked for an ST as I would recomend the kala but didn't find one at other than a couple of the big stores. I recently bought a ka-s from hawaii music and they did a fine job setting it up. Amazing really for such an inexpensive uke. One of the other solid top kala's from there would fill your bill but come at a higher cost. The package deals on your first one will usually save you a bit as you need tuner case etc.

The ST is just one of the solid tops the one listed above is solid mahogaheny top. comes with a excellant case. the one marked at Hawaii music by phil are the ka t not st so probably not solid tops so they would be a bit cheaper. Looked for an ST as I would recomend the kala but didn't find one at other than a couple of the big stores. I recently bought a ka-s from hawaii music and they did a fine job setting it up. Amazing really for such an inexpensive uke. One of the other solid top kala's from there would fill your bill but come at a higher cost. The package deals on your first one will usually save you a bit as you need tuner case etc.

If you are talking about the one in the Marketplace, its all solid mahogany, not just the top!

I have the Kala KA-ST tenor solid Sitka Spruce top and the quality, sound and gloss finish are Beautiful! I think it's the best value for under $200!

Last edited:
Top Bottom