Spontanie lost...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Has anyone every had one of those spontanious small jam sessions that just happen that you aren't prepared for? Just had one, and it was one of those times when ya wish ya had a video camera, or at least a sound recorder you can just click on. the daughter, bride and I were just chillin this afternoon. The bride was practicing Hallajuah on her uke. Out of the blue, the daughter just started singing with her playing. Such a clean, unrehearsed, and untainted voice. I picked up my newest tenor, and tossed all chords and "music" out of my mind, closed my eyes and just started picking the melody freestyle SRV style. It came together like we rehearsed it for years. The bride playing the chords, the daughters angelic vocal, and my SRV freestyle melodic riffs. Man, that was just sweet. When it was over, we just sat there and looked at each other then out of the silence, my daughter said, "Did we do that?" and all I could say was " yeah baby.. That just happened.." It was one of "those" moments, and was awesome.. I would have loved to have gotten that on video..

Last week in our shop we had a little unexpected jam, Me on my uke, 2 guys on guitar, and another worker here plugged in a Les Paul uke and played slide on it :D

Was a lot of fun. We played a 12 bar blues, and took turns soloing. Was a blast, hadn't done that for awhile. Was cool hearing the slide on the Les Paul uke!

Great experience, Tudorp! That's why you should have surveillance cameras installed in your house running 24/7, like they have at mini-marts in strip malls. :)

A lot of the best jams are spontaneous. Me and my friend had a few of these moments during our course in school while in the music room at lunch. Ah well if you dont catch it on film its still a cool memory.

A lot of the best jams are spontaneous. Me and my friend had a few of these moments during our course in school while in the music room at lunch. Ah well if you dont catch it on film its still a cool memory.

yuh, I know. I've actually had many of those over the years. Sad thing is, a specific one you can never really re-create those.. they just happen... And yep, form memories.. The coolest thing ya can never buy tho, is my daughter and I have jam sessions all the time, and the memories she is gonna have of her old man that supported her love of music, and father/daughter jam sessions on guitar will live much longer than I will. Its gonna be cool her telling stories to my grandkids about her and Grandpa's infamous jam sessions. We sit there face to face many times and have "The Battle of the Les Pauls". Those are fun, and freestyle riffing at each other.. Also cool when she takes on the Strat or Telle against the Les Paul, Those are really fun putting Fender vs Gibby... lol.. We have fun.. Thats the good stuff..

That's what I love about my meetup group. Would love to get together with a few ukers in smaller group once in a while. Maybe one day.

Sounds like a beautiful memory and time! I hope to have those one day with Miss D, when she can play a bit, or even knows the words so I can play, we'll get there. Enjoy the memory, yeah it would have been nice to capture on video, but I find that when the video is on, I'm less spontaneous about things!

Thanks for sharing it with us :D

Tudorp your a perfect example of what musics all about 'having a blast'.

Top Bottom