have a got the wrong strings

zoej

Reaction score
I bought a set of strings with my new uke. As far as I know I've got a soprano uke for my daughter. Got very little advice in the store. The strings I've bought are laguna rs85. They look slightly different from the strings on the uke. But as per previous advice these are probably cheap. The new strings are thinner. Or look thinner. I was thinking I'd get four different gauge strings but obviously not? So that has thrown me a bit? Regards Zoe

Not familiar with them, but they are monofilament strings, strings 1 and 4 have the same diameter and strings 2 and 3 have the same diameter. I'm sure someone on here has tried them. Should work though!

right well I see a set on amazon and the two inner strings are 29 and outer are 23. If it works, great, if not, then go to bestbuy or guitar center (if you are in the USA) and get you a set of martin M600

Thanks I'll remember the martin strings. Basically we worked it out in the end. Two outer and two inner strings seem the same but just tune accordingly. Done it now and it has improved the tone. :) Must get on with my practice now...

Top Bottom