Uke Minutes 22 - Pluck Strum (with Jake Shimabukuro!)

Hey people! Ok, if you have any questions, comments, ideas, thoughts, etc. about Jake's new episode of UKE MINUTES (viewable HERE, in case you haven't gone to check it out yet), post whatever you got below!

Haha, for the first time ever, I think I have to kick off the discussion with a Q of my own ...

Does anyone else have a problem with moving their ring finger independent of their middle finger while doing the separated pluck-strum, too??

the dude is unreal! lol thanks UU for this vid! i'm gonna have to give this one a go!

I think I just have a weak ring finger because it's being retarded and lagging behind all my other fingers or going really fast right after the middle finger. So I guess you're not the only one with that problem, Aaron. But this is a really cool technique. It's going to take me a lot of work...i think it's just building up muscles in fingers that I usually don't use.

It's going to take me a lot of work...i think it's just building up muscles in fingers that I usually don't use.

123 with this, right now my fingers are all jerking weird feeling cause i've never moved my fingers like that, very different. its late so im off to bed, but i cant wait for tomorrow to work on it some more.

wow, a lesson from jake. too cool.

Kinda been wondering why no new stuff was posted this week. Wow! It was totally worth the wait. Excellent lesson. Now we know why he is the master.:bowdown:

great tutorial guys! first manny, then jake. who's next, chuck norris?
god, I hope not....what the hell would he know about uke.

This is a good lesson. I've never thought of strumming this way before. :eek: I've been practicing all day and I just feel completely clumsy -- glad I'm not the only one struggling with this!

Sweet lesson! Jake makes this look way too simple:). Its like relearning to play the uke. Once the cramp settles in my fingures I think I might give it another try:D.

Cool! I actually learned to play around with this technique a while back... Amazingly, I make it work! lol

Did I hear Aldrine say "prench pris"? I guess Manny isnt the only fob :p

great tutorial guys! first manny, then jake. who's next, chuck norris?

First off, as russ_buss and many others have said, thanks for the fantastic lesson Aldrine and Jake! And secondly, if you guys do get chuck norris, try to get him to go over the reverse roundhouse kick-strum. I can never get that move just right! :biglaugh:

Top Bottom