a little chuckle at the expense of a clueless uke seller

Maybe he was just in the United State of Confusion.

Is that on the island of Honolulu?? :)

What an idiot. Everyone knows that the republic of Honolulu is a continent. Pffft... Isn't it right under the township of Thailand? I'm pretty sure it is, because I drove there once in my Buick Mustang back in the day.

I saw both those posts but my answer is "You have to be Hawaiian" When I first met my wife's family in Hawaii, I told them I was going back to the "States" on Sat. They took offense and corrected me that it was "Mainland" and not "States." Before meeting her, I thought Honolulu was an Island and Waikiki is the biggest city on the Island. Very common mistake for the non-islanders and also haoles!!

My Canadian cousin got upset at me when I told him that I don't know the capital of Canada or how many provinces or states there are. I just didn't care. Out of respect, I now know the capital at least...Toronto :p

Last edited:
I saw both those posts but my answer is "You have to be Hawaiian" When I first met my wife's family in Hawaii, I told them I was going back to the "States" on Sat. They took offense and corrected me that it was "Mainland" and not "States." Before meeting her, I thought Honolulu was an Island and Waikiki is the biggest city on the Island. Very common mistake for the non-islanders and also haoles!!

My Canadian cousin got upset at me when I told him that I don't know the capital of Canada or how many provinces or states there are. I just didn't care. Out of respect, I now know the capital at least...Toronto :p

Actually, the Capital of Canada is several billion dollars. The Capital City is Ottowa.

"Toronto" is the "Lorone" Ranger's sidekick.

-Kurt

I have a leolani and thought it was made on the island of Hanalei where I bought it. Hmmmmm.....

Somehow the Canadans (America+n = American...Canada -a +ian...too confusing) are the butt of jokes for it's bigger brothers below =)

Craigslist sellers by me seem to either offer tremendous bargains because they actually want to get rid of things, or offer ridiculous prices based on some fantasy MSRP. For the latter, you can usually buy the item cheaper in brand new condition, and not have to deal with meeting some potentially sketchy dude in a Home Depot parking lot.

LMAO!!!!!!!yes Craigslist is awesome.

Top Bottom