Accurate Hygrometer

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Morning guys. I been testing a Hygrometer I found on ebay for a couple weeks now. I really like it, and it is damn accurate, especially for an analog meter. I know many like the digital, but I am an old romantic and love the old school analog meters. Sorry, I just like them, and typically not as accurate as the new technology. But this one, I picked up on ebay, and out of the box was within a point of accuracy right out of the box. I tested it several times via the salt method and I was suprized, especially what I paid for it. It has adjustment on the back to keep it calibrated. I just now ordered several more of these, and going to install them in the tops of all my hard cases for my personal solid wood ukes with the face out so I can read them without opening the case. You can't do that with many of the digital one, because the inlet for them is on the same side as the readout. These look nicer than the photo shows. They are bright brass bezel and nice simple face. But, here is the link to the place in Florida that sells them.
$(KGrHqQOKk!E29RJnSheBN1qzCiIow~~0_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140552031216&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have a couple of ones like those. I put in cases, in rooms and at work. Decent little humidity checker.
Although, no 2 of these hygrometers read exactly the same but they seem to fall within +/- 5% RH.

Thanks for the link.

I stopped smoking cigars about a year ago (those Cubans proved too expensive for my blood and switched to the pipe) so popped out the hygrometer from that and have it in my case. I certainly don't expect scientific behaviour from it, however it's a good rough indicator to let me know if my beautiful uke is in trouble.

Top Bottom