PDA

View Full Version : Plucking up?

plankton
06-10-2011, 02:37 PM
See Uke Minutes 107 - Hawaiian vamp riff in C/ (http://ukuleleunderground.com/2010/11/uke-minutes-107-vamp-riff-in-c/)

After a hammer on C to a G7 (fine), you pluck up on E and C then A and E. Exactly how to you pluck up without hitting other strings or causing all the sound to come from the first string you hit?

Yeah, I'm a newbie.

Just love the way he gets from G7 to C though. Really beutiful.

Scott

sbarron
06-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi!

I'm also a uke newbie, so take this with a grain of salt :) (though I am learning some fingerstyle guitar, including some slack key)

Without paying too close attention to the video the first time through, I ended up doing a pinch on C and E (playing C with the thumb and E with index, simultaneously) after the hammer-on then playing the A with my ring finger. I suppose I did it that way because that's how I would have done it on guitar. I think you've just got to play around and find the way that works best for you. Also, practice very slowly, whichever way you choose to do it.

-Scott

plankton
06-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah, pinching with two fingers is easier for me than trying to pluck the two. Go figure. Thanks again for your tip.