new uke day!

Wheee!!!! Can't wait to see more pics! Did you pick the one that sounded really nice?

Beautiful headstock, nicely bookended. I can't wait to see the rest of the ukulele.

@Stan - love the new "Mystery Man" blurb next to your avatar.

Post more pics when you need a break from playing it for a little while. Trying to wait patiently for my uke to arrive. I can only wish it was a Kamaka Pineapple!

Mike

So... with one of my uke playing friends accompanying me, I went to the shop to pick up my on-hold Kamaka pineapple today. I noticed that the *other* Kamaka pineapple - the one I thought was prettier, but didn't sound as good - was still there. One of the managers took it down for me, played it a little, and - hey, that doesn't sound so bad after all, I thought... I took both pineapples off to the back room and my friend and I alternated playing them. The Pretty One kept coming out the winner every time. A couple of the other employees weighed in and were in favor of the Pretty One too. I started to get really confused - I had been so certain that the Plain One had the better sound. Fortunately my uke instructor walked in and saved the day - even though both he and I had liked the Plain One best a few days ago, today the Pretty One was the winner. And that's the one that came home with me.

The stock strings actually didn't sound bad at all to me, and I considered keeping them on for a while, but I just don't care for the way they feel. So I had some Martin flurocarbons I'd been wanting to try, and that's what I put on. So far, I like them a lot - they are LOUD though!

The date of manufacture on the new uke is February 14, 2011. Coincidentally, that was the last day of my Hawaii trip this year. On that day, I hiked Diamond Head, hung out at the beach in front of the Royal Hawaiian, spent way too much money in way too many ABC stores, and had a lovely evening with friends listening to music at House Without a Key. And I love that this uke will always remind me of that day :)

Attachments

• IMG_7120.jpg
    IMG_7120.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7122.jpg
    IMG_7122.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7118.jpg
    IMG_7118.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7123.jpg
    IMG_7123.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 84
Post more pics when you need a break from playing it for a little while. Trying to wait patiently for my uke to arrive. I can only wish it was a Kamaka Pineapple!

Mike

So what did you get?
Ha, you totally knew what I was doing :)

So what did you get?
Ha, you totally knew what I was doing :)

shoot, I just got a Kala KA-C. It is my first uke to see if I like it. I capoed up a guitar today (5th fret) and played around with some ukulele chords. Sounded pretty cool. I put two mandolins up for sale today too, so provided all works out, I will upgrade soon and keep the Kala as a travel uke. UAS has set in and I haven't even got the first one yet LOL!

shoot, I just got a Kala KA-C. It is my first uke to see if I like it. I capoed up a guitar today (5th fret) and played around with some ukulele chords. Sounded pretty cool. I put two mandolins up for sale today too, so provided all works out, I will upgrade soon and keep the Kala as a travel uke. UAS has set in and I haven't even got the first one yet LOL!

Well, you need *at least* two :)

Congratulations again! It IS pretty. It's funny how it sounded better on THE DAY than it had when you first tried it out, like it was trying harder or something. I'm glad you and an ukulele with a birthday that's a significant day for you found each other. So now I'm rooting for the Plain One to find a loving home as well.

Well done, Jane. It's pretty. Very happy that you're part of the pineapple family!

gratz on your uke, cant wait for my Kamaka even more! :p

What a beautiful ukulele, I am sure it will bring you a great deal of joy!

Yay for new Ukes! Happy Kamaka Uke Day! Looks like a real beauty!! :drool:

Top Bottom