It's here!

NatalieS

Reaction score
I just now was able to sit down and unpack... my DaSilva uke!

Oh my gosh, it was all worth it. Yes, it was worth it to sell all my other ukes just to afford this one. I... love... it.

It's basically everything I've ever dreamed of. I got this instrument second-hand from the person who custom-ordered it from Mike. It's a copy of a Martin 3K, and it has some really neat touches, including abalone fretmarkers, its ivory parts are from an old piano (!), and it has peghead tuners. I would not change a thing about it. I am so happy to be playing a figure-8 soprano once again. I feel like this instrument was made for me, but that's absurd. Maybe I was made for it?? It's such a joy to play. The action is low and perfect, the tone sounds *amazing* (and I'll be changing out the Aquila bionylon strings tomorrow to Worth clears-- look out!). I just.... ahh, I can't get over it.

Without further ado, pictures:

016.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

I'm in heaven...

Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! I've been to Mike's studio (he sometimes has workshops and concerts there) and he's the nicest guy. I know the ukulele was made with lots of love. Enjoy!

OK - so that IS gorgeous! The Koa on your Pineapple you sold was stunning - but THIS is yet another level of sweet. Bet it sounds amazing...

That looks amazing... Everything a great instrument should be.

Aloha Natalie,
Holy smokes...Just a moment....I have to pick up my jaw from the floor...it's absoultely beautiful...wow, I'm soo jealous...looks in a new condition..Hope you make a video so we can
hear the beautiful sounds this thing makes..now I want one too...My UAS has just reappeared in full force..sheesh....Thanks for sharing..Have fun and enjoy!! Happy Strummings, MM Stan

Last edited:
Thank you for the comments, everyone! I feel sort of like a new mother-- I am so so happy, but I am terrified that any harm will ever come its way! I am going to cherish this thing for my entire life.

Thank you for the comments, everyone! I feel sort of like a new mother-- I am so so happy, but I am terrified that any harm will ever come its way! I am going to cherish this thing for my entire life.

So... what kind of case do you have for it?? And... still have a beater uke?! 'Cause you sure won't be heading to the beach too much w/ this pretty thing! (also, better up your home owner's or renters insurance).

OR... you could send it to me & I promise to give you visitation rights! :)

Looks wonderful Natalie, and I'm sure it sounds even better. I'm happy for you. I know how difficult it must have been for you to sell your Kamaka pineapple.

That is just wonderful. May you have a lifetime of happiness with this uke.

Top Bottom