Michael Franks Ukulele

arturo2

Reaction score
I just received my new Michael Franks tenor. Mike's a luthier in Rolling Hills, Michigan who make beautiful instruments that sound even better than they look. Anyone interested in a premium ukulele would be wise to check him out at http://mjfranksguitar.com/.

See a photo of my ukulele attached.

Ty MoyerIMG_0402.jpg

Can you review the uke for us??? Tell us all about it!
BTW...congrats!!!

That is one gorgeous uke. Congratulation

It's all koa with a mahogany oval profile neck plus blocks and linings. Abalone pearl purfing, rosewood fretboard, ivoroid bindings, gold plated geared tuners, bone nut and saddle, and a hand polished nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Very nice instrument; I'm going to have to step up my practice time so I can play it better.

TY Moyer

Hey Ty! It's Brett from Ukulele Tricks. As I said in my email to you, I am very jealous... :D

I just thought I'd chime in real quick to give an excellent recommendation for Mike Franks. I have a Mike Franks ukulele and I can't say enough good things about it. I know him personally through my church here in Detroit, MI, and I've been able to have the privilege of receiving a personal tour of his shop in Rochester. He's an awesome guy making some of the best instruments I've played (guitars and ukes). Can't say enough good things!

Congrats Ty on the purchase!

Top Bottom