Wanted: Vintage Wood Pegs

R

RyanMFT

I am looking for a set of four matched vintage wood ukulele pegs to bring my Kamaka Pineapple back to life! Can anyone help me here? I keep looking around the web and can't seem to find any....

This picture is of the wood pegs on my Royal Hawaiian Ukulele, which fit perfectly in my Kamaka.....anyone have some they would be willing to sell? Any help or guidance is much appreciated!

7f897ade.jpg

Same boat. I'm thinking of resorting to a woodworker.

Have you tried violin, viola or cello pegs as an alternative? THey will likely be ebony but other varieties might be available.

Olgoat, I think that is the way I will have to go.....I am going to see my luthier tonight or tomorrow. He is primarily a violin/cello luthier. I originally went to him to have wood pegs fitted to a very early uke I have (the one in my avatar).

He says he has a ton of old ones in his shop and I have looked online and they do make ebony and rosewood pegs that look like the wood pegs in the above photo. Problem is, I don't know what size, but he will.

bbqribs - I will ask him what sizes are closest to vintage uke pegs and he will be able to help. The challenge being that many new pegs don't come tapered and must be fit with the proper tools (basically a big, very fine pencil sharpener). If you want, I will let you know what I find out, and what might work for your uke. Which uke are you trying to put pegs on?

Top Bottom