First win on ebay

nelly

Reaction score
Well i have just won my first Banjo uke on ebay for £16.00 not sure on make but one site seems to think its from the 60s or 70s.
can any one shed some light on this little fellow.Just got to sit an wait for it to turn up!!!
here some pics.......[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• new uku1.jpg
    new uku1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Can't help you with identifying it, but just wanted to offer congrats on winning it!

Congrats on your sweet win!..She looks great..hope you have a blast with her..I love my banjo uke to pieces!

Aloha Nelly,
What a score....Congratulations....might be an inexpensive one but a real good deal, I wouldn't mind having it for sure...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

*evil grin* remember, it only goes down from here!

Can't help you with identifying it but I wouldn't worry to much about it. I have a similar kind of model, with absolutely no identifying marks on it what so ever! I think they just used to be sort produced en mass and then filtered out through different companies? Still, you are one lucky bar-stuard... £16.00!? I looked for years and never found one that cheap! Even if it needs a bit of work to bring it up to scratch, for that money you can't go wrong!

Hope it gets to you soon, let us know how she is when she arrives!...

Will do rock_and_roll...... did you manage to sort out your banjo uke... (read about it on UK.ELE)

Ha! I forgot all about that post!... I managed to make mine a little more playable, tightened the skin etc, but she still needs a set up. Just haven't found anybody yet.

I was thinking of maybe contacting a guy on eBay I've seen. His seller name is 1186simon, and he runs the Restoration Barn. I almost bought a Banjo uke off him a while back, he buys, restores and sells them you see. Was going to see if he could help me and restore mine for me, as well as maybe identifying it?

Failling that I was maybe going to contact Andy's Banjo and see if he could do the same. Just never got around to it with time and money, but as you mention it I may just well give it a go. I'll let you know how I go, may take a few days to get a reply but I'll see if it's a reasonable request...

Top Bottom