Anyone own these china made fiber glass case?

fumanshu

Reaction score
I love it. I hope somebody knows about them.

I haven't seen one in person, but from looking at it, it actually seems like it might have a bigger storage area than the Kamoa one. And while shipping is high, it still is about half the price of a Kamoa. I've been waiting for my Kamoa case since I ordered it in March (a custom color one), if I had seen this one first, I might have considered it.

Last edited:
Mahalo for sharing...no middleman...cool....might just be worth iit..even with the high shipping..

I noticed that the seller provides the dimensions of the ukulele but doesn't identify the scale for which each case is meant (at his/her eBay store, there are several cases listed in different sizes). I suppose one could figure out which is which by looking at the diensions provided, but I sort of wish the cases had been identified by scale. On a positive note, I also noticed that the seller has gotten positive reviews for fiberglass cello and violin cases (and possibly the ukulele cases, although I only looked through the first few pages of reviews).

Last edited:
I noticed that the seller provides the dimensions of the ukulele but doesn't identify the sdscae of ukulele for which each case is meant (at his/her eBay store, there are several cases listed in different sizes. I suppose one could figure out which is which by looking at the diensions provided, but I sort of wish the cases had been identified by scale. On a positive note, I also noticed that the seller has gotten positive reviews for fiberglass cello and violin cases (and possibly the ukulele cases, although I only looked through the first few pages of reviews).

Yes, me too, I wish they had sort their cases by size instead of dimensions but I think that it might fit a standard tenor size.

Anyone knows what standadrd tenor size case dimensions are so maybe just to compare...

wickedwahine11 wrote
:I haven't seen one in person, but from looking at it, it actually seems like it might have a bigger storage area than the Kamoa one. And while shipping is high, it still is about half the price of a Kamoa. I've been waiting for my Kamoa case since I ordered it in January (a custom color one), if I had seen this one first, I might have considered it.

Well it seems that is has definitely more spaces for storage than the Kamoa and you're right, even with the shipping cost, it comes almost half the price of the Kamoa.. My only concern is the size of the case, if it can really fits a standard tenor size uke...

I just asked the seller which dimensions he/she would recommend for concert, tenor and baritone ukuleles. If I receive an answer, I'll post it in this thread.

I just asked the seller which dimensions he/she would recommend for concert, tenor and baritone ukuleles. If I receive an answer, I'll post it in this thread.

Thanks for you help. I've asked the seller if a tenor would fits in and the only anser that I've got is that he gave me the size of the case just like it is written in the description of the item...which is quite hard to evaluate...

I have some samples coming in in a few days, direct from the manufacturer. Both the fiber glass and the carbon fiber ones. I'll let you know what I think when they come in.

Hi Mr. Moore! Thanks a lot! I've seen people of the FMM forum having them and it seems that they are nice...let us know what do you think of them.

I didn't see the carbon fiber ones. Do you have pics of them?

By the way, I just don't know what's the big difference between carbon fiber and fiber glass. Which is is lighter and which one is more resistant to shock?

Thanks a lot for your input.

I just check the size specs, it seems that the Kamoa case can handle a longer (27-1/2 vs 26-3/4") uke but is less wide (9-1/4" vs 9-1/2") compare to the onle made in China on evilbay.

This is written on Elderly store description.

The CF cases should be both lighter and stronger. From the information I received they look like they are both built in the same mold.
Upon further inspection, the ones I'm getting appear to be similar but not identical to the ones the ebay seller has. Interestingly, there seems to be at least a few Chinese manufacturers making composite cases now.

This was my question:

"Can you please tell me which size cases -- which dimensions -- you would recommend for (1) concert ukuleles, (2) tenor ukuleles, and (3) baritone ukuleles? Thank you."

Here's the response I got:

"Dear friend,
Thank you for your message. Sorry but we don't know the sizes of your ukuleles, we have measurements of our cases in the description, you can have a look at them to see which one is suitable for your instrument.
Best regards."

I'm not sure how much that helps.

This was my question:

"Can you please tell me which size cases -- which dimensions -- you would recommend for (1) concert ukuleles, (2) tenor ukuleles, and (3) baritone ukuleles? Thank you."

Here's the response I got:

"Dear friend,
Thank you for your message. Sorry but we don't know the sizes of your ukuleles, we have measurements of our cases in the description, you can have a look at them to see which one is suitable for your instrument.
Best regards."

I'm not sure how much that helps.

Thanks a lot mds.. That's what i thought too, they just know the size of their cases and you have to measure your uke and see if it fits in...

It's what I actually did and I also compare to Kamoa size case to see if I think my uke can fit in....Anyway, I guess, at least one of my ukes will fit in!!!

I bought a concert sized ukulele case from JW-Eastman recently (few months ago).

http://jw-eastman.com/newEbiz1/Ebiz...b936&ProductInfoExhibit_isRefreshParent=false

The quality of the case is good considering its price. And the look is just great! I think the Japanese import them & sell as brand name ARANJUEZ. I guess these cases are popular in Japan as you may search many info from the Japanese web sites. Unfortunately, I found the fitting very tight (at least for a Kamaka concert). This makes me worrying all the days if my Kamaka will be squeezed too much........

I got one of these for my custom longneck Brüko. I wasn't sure if it would fit, here are the measurements I had:

Ukulele:
Length: 57,5cm ( 22.6" )
Length Body: 23,8cm ( 9.4" )
Upper bout: 13,2cm ( 5.2" )
middle: 10,6cm ( 4.2" )
Lower bout: 16,5cm ( 6.5" )
Height body: 6,5cm ( 2.6" )

Case inside dimensions:
Overall length: 22 3/4"
The body length: 9 1/2"
The Max width of the head is: 3 1/2""
The width of upper bout : 3"
The Middle bout width: 6"
The width of the lower bout: 6 3/4"
The height is: 3 1/4"

So the length was going to be tight and the upper bout couldn't fit. I figured the number for the case upper bout was wrong (by looking at the pic :) ). Turned out it fit perfectly:

case01.jpg

case02.jpg

case05.jpg

case06.jpg

Top Bottom