Uke Metal (question mark)

Kazz3lrath

Reaction score
When I just feel like playin' something new the first place I look when searching for a nice uke song to play is my collection of cheesy metal music (and, of course, Led Zeppelin). The softer metal tunes generally work better (i.e. "Through Glass" by Stone Sour) but there are many more hardcore songs that I like to play that work quite well (i.e. "Fake It" by Seether). Do any of y'all have metal songs that you find are fun on the uke?

Run To The Hills is brilliant...I must work up a video of it soon. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and my Risa are best friends as well.
Not metal, but I play the entire Ramones self titled LP too.
Oh yeah- and meet Stuart. Also more hair rock than anything, but this AWESOME

Run To The Hills is brilliant...I must work up a video of it soon. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and my Risa are best friends as well.
Not metal, but I play the entire Ramones self titled LP too.
Oh yeah- and meet Stuart. Also more hair rock than anything, but this AWESOME

that's just awesome

if i can get some manner of decent funtion back in my hands and build a proper electric uke I am going to be doing some serious uke shredding with my metal band. haha! ;)

this biggest problem with playing metal on ukulele is that metal is so rooted in a deep tone and heavy bass. ukulele is such a high pitched instrument. but if done right, it can have its place in the sonic spectrum.

'the final count down' video is epic! lol :)

Last edited:
I absolutely love the Kazookeylele. He has a couple of other good vids too, but that one is just the best.

This is the first time I've heard metal music described as "cheesy" LOL!

The Day That Never Comes works great on uke, I'd share my tabs with you on it but I'm not finished with them yet.

You wouldn't believe it, but I had been wondering what uke and kazoo would sound like, and this guy had an even better idea--Schroeder's piano-Frankenuke. Frickin' brilliant.

Top Bottom