Tennessee Waltz - FAIL

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Last week I took a family vacation to a place called Shell Island. We had a cottage literally a stone's throw from the sea. We woke to this view every morning. It was beautiful.

This recording was just going well when I heard a sound in the distance. It got louder and louder ...

THE TENNESSEE WALTZ - failed outdoor improv

Aloha Ken,
At least it was at the end part...good job on the song...as I'm typing this I have a low flying plane....they shouldn't be flying over residential areas..probally cloudy and they are flying under the clouds...sheesh... wow Shell Island looks absouletely beautiful.. you background looks like a watercolor painting....thanks for sharing...yup you cannot control these uncontrolable circumstances...
shoots...enjoyed it anyways..MM Stan

"Ken Middleton" and "fail" are words that don't go together!

yeah I agree John. That was really lovely playing Ken, thanks.

It is funny though how circumstances so often conspire against you when you're trying to video a song. Like this afternoon I went and sat on the front verandah to record something and immediately the neighbour on the adjoining property started his chainsaw. Then the dogs started barking. Then my daughter and her friend ran outside to play totem tennis and all the giggling, screaming etc that accompanies that pursuit...

Sometimes you just gotta admit defeat and fight another day! :)

Aloha Ken,
At least it was at the end part...good job on the song...as I'm typing this I have a low flying plane....they shouldn't be flying over residential areas..probally cloudy and they are flying under the clouds...sheesh... wow Shell Island looks absouletely beautiful.. you background looks like a watercolor painting....thanks for sharing...yup you cannot control these uncontrolable circumstances...
shoots...enjoyed it anyways..MM Stan

Thank you, Stan. Shell Island is a really beautiful part of Wales. It was very quiet when we were there.

"Ken Middleton" and "fail" are words that don't go together!

Thank you, John.

yeah I agree John. That was really lovely playing Ken, thanks.

It is funny though how circumstances so often conspire against you when you're trying to video a song. Like this afternoon I went and sat on the front verandah to record something and immediately the neighbour on the adjoining property started his chainsaw. Then the dogs started barking. Then my daughter and her friend ran outside to play totem tennis and all the giggling, screaming etc that accompanies that pursuit...

Sometimes you just gotta admit defeat and fight another day! :)

Haha. That sort of thing happens a lot. We have a neighbour who loves to use an angle-grinder, just when I want to record.

Beautiful playing and amazing scenery! Maybe the helicopter pilot just wanted to get close enough to hear you play. ;)

Must be it - his copilot probably had new Ohana pineapple w/him in the cockpit & recognized Sir Ken & was hoping for some pointers.

Since "Tennessee Waltz" is about jilted love, the ending is almost fitting as we were all in love w/the piece until that helicopter came & stole the song away.

Lovely styling as usual , Ken.

Ken, I take comfort in knowing that this experience has been shared now.... Story of my life. X)

Top Bottom