New uke day. DS Gill Tenor Neck Pineapple

cb56

Reaction score
Drove down to Nashille Indiana for a getaway weekend with my wife.
(I know, UWC was last week) wasn't expecting to buy anything but was expecting to shop and see what options I had as far as buying or ordering a longneck pineapple uke. Long story short, Weedpatch music had a DS Gill tenor neck pineapple that I had played before back in february. I played it and the other DS Gill ukes in the store but this one just called out to me to take it home.
Put it back and left the store when my wife said "You can buy it if you want it". Went back in and bought it with a gig bag and a T shirt.
So looks like I'm done Uke shopping for awhile.
The uke sounds great and plays great. I think these are a real bargain for a USA Hand built instrument.
Dgill1.jpg

PlayinPineapple.jpg

Ukeeku has the concert version of this uke and has done a review or two of David Gill's ukes. You can find the reviews on his blog. Ukeeku.com

Oh yeah, and later that evening I fell down some stairs and broke a toe. (just got back from the Dr's X ray confirms it)
Sothat's why no shoes in the photo. Trying to act like I'm not in pain.

Last edited:
The concert sized ukes were $350 and my tenor was $375. Well worth the price IMO.
But I will say, the store had 8 of David's ukes (mostly concerts) and they all sounded a bit different from each other. All good, just different.
So best to go try before you buy if you can.

Lovely Pineapple! I LOVE me some Pineapple! :smileybounce:

Pineapple is definitely on my grocery list! Yours looks great! Enjoy!

New uke: Yay! (It looks great. I wonder if there are any here in the SF bay area...)
Broken toe: Not so much. When your toe heals, though, you'll still have your new ukulele. Congratulations!

Aloha CB56,
wow nice story ...love happy endings...the pineapple looks sweet and probally sounds just as sweet.. Well you got two sweet things in your life and both are keepers....congrats and Happy Strummings:)

I played this uke when we were there for UWC. I loved the sound of this one the best of all the David Gill ukes. Congratulations!

I will own a David Gill someday!

Wow! Nice uke, very sorry about your toe, really good thing you weren't holding the uke when you tumbled down. That would just be too tragic.

like it!!! happy strummin!!

That is a beautiful uke and it looks at home in your hands.
Don

I'm sure the sweet sound of that ukulele will soothe your toe a bit. Congratulations (uke) and get well soon (toe)!!

Top Bottom