PDA

View Full Version : Be the first on your block to own a GoodCo uke!

goodco
06-13-2011, 02:34 AM
I am expecting to have the first batch of four M1 ukes complete in a few weeks.
Preorder now! :D
https://goodcompanyukulele.wordpress.com/
$550 shipped

PhilUSAFRet
06-13-2011, 02:42 AM
Won't get many pre-orders without pics

goodco
06-13-2011, 02:54 AM
Thanks Phil, I don't need many pre-orders...just four. hehe
In the link there are pics... I am gonna work on a little video demo with the prototype.
http://goodcompanyukulele.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/goodcoukes2011_5.jpg

Tudorp
06-13-2011, 02:57 AM
The necks looks huge on those things. But, that could be a good thing for those looking for a larger neck. I noticed you are a newbie on the site. 1st of all, Welcome to the site.

2nd. Ya might want to get to know fokes here before ya slam em with adds. A little bit of introduction of who ya are, what ya do, Do you play? Or just run or build a shop? I like more traditional, but those ukes look pretty cool. Lets see more detailed pics, and more info about them? Are ya a start up?

At any rate. Good luck with the ukes, and hope you do well with it, and grow not only with the uke build/sales, but within the community.

Welcome to UU

Tudorp
06-13-2011, 03:01 AM
That little "Tele" uke looks pretty cool. Is that a model you offer, or will offer?

goodco
06-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Thanks alot Tudorp. I did do a lil introduction on the new member thread... but yeah I hear ya. I am trying to ease my way in, but I would also love to spread these around asap ;).
Yeah new little start up- many years in the making. I worked at Gibson/Steinberger/Tobias in Nashville many years ago and that was my first taste of building. I eventually want to build more traditional soundboxes and all and have started my wood collection but this is where I am at right now. I initially wanted to build/fix guitars but have fallen in love with ukes and really just will be focusing on these. I am not the best player, wish I had some locals to play and share/learn with.
Thanks again for the encouragement... video to come later today!

Tudorp
06-13-2011, 03:53 AM
again Welcome. Yep, my bad. I checked up on ya, and found your intro. Sorry about that. Always love to see new fokes, with new offerings to our craft, and hobbies. Your a man after my own heart, because I am a huge Gibson man, owning, working on, and restoring guitars and ukes. I have yet to jump on the build train, but that is coming. I been thinking allot about working on design, and build too. Myself and my daughter have several Gibson, and Epiphone Les Pauls, a strat, Tele, and other guitars, and countless ukes. We both play, and my daughter steals my instruments all the time, and we play each other's too, so we just now combine our collections, lol.. She's gonna end up with em all when I am worm food some day anyway, hahhah.. Welcome again, and I am gonna watch for that tele you have in your gallery if that is gonna be an option.. Ya ought to consider a Les Paul copy too, my favorite guitar design.. ;)

Laouik
06-13-2011, 05:07 AM
http://goodcompanyukulele.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/goodcouke_m1_plan2.jpg?w=107&h=300 http://goodcompanyukulele.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/goodco_m1_1.jpg?w=720

That's a big neck.

Gmoney
06-13-2011, 05:12 AM
SNIP ...That's a big neck.

What he said! But... that's a MASSIVE neck! How wide is it at the nut? What are the other neck measurements?

mustacheukuleles
06-13-2011, 05:25 AM
i actually really dig these. just wish i had money to purchase one. someone pick one of these up!

Tudorp
06-13-2011, 05:34 AM
Maybe I can talk hin into sending me a Tele to check it out.. hehhe

RichM
06-13-2011, 05:43 AM
http://goodcompanyukulele.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/goodcouke_m1_plan2.jpg?w=107&h=300 http://goodcompanyukulele.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/goodco_m1_1.jpg?w=720

That's a big neck.

Or a really small body... it's hard to figure the scale.

tattwo
06-13-2011, 06:07 AM
How about sound samples?

Lori
06-13-2011, 06:46 AM
If the neck is wider, there are many players who have been asking for that, so that could be a good thing for some folks. I am interested in sound samples too. That large pick guard concerns me a little, since it might deaden the sound... unless you are going electric.
It's always fun to see new ukulele designs! I like the shape of the blond wood ones in your website gallery (lightning bolt).
–Lori

Laouik
06-13-2011, 06:46 AM
Or a really small body... it's hard to figure the scale.

You should be getting your LFdM soon! :D

mm stan
06-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Aloha Goodco,
Welcome to the UU and our forums...Looks really Nice...does it have a sound hole?? just wondering.....MM Stan

goodco
06-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

really small body/big chunky neck
13.5" scale
zero fret
tung oil finish
electric
no soundhole :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6BrCpxY970&feature=player_profilepage

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
06-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Welcome to UU! Nice work! The GoodCo uke looks cool and sounds groovy. Maybe still more groovy with some delay-elay-lay-ay-y? Whoever picks one of these up needs to get some echo going!

sharp21
06-14-2011, 05:11 AM
I dig em! I like the pick guard, the headstock & the neck size. I'd be interested in seeing a bigger body on the larger scale ukes.

Great job with the start up!

Woah & some stunners in the gallery on your site!

skopji
06-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Unable to invest in one (Sorry to burst your bubble) but these look awesome! Such a unique design, yet it still looks like a uke.

Good luck with everything! Maybe in a years time I'll check these out again. :D

goodco
06-15-2011, 04:29 AM
Thanks everyone...that is also my first attempt at sharing a ukulele performance with the internet :o
Not that it is arranged any differently but that is the first ukulele cover of that little dirge I've seen on the web. :p

Btw the audio for that was recorded direct into garageband through my gnx4 guitar workstation... with a little envelope filter effect and a bit of dela-ay-ay and reverb. Maybe for the next vid I can play through my big rig with some wah ...chocka chocka? My ukulele repertoire is pretty weak...working on it.
Might need a uke leash to get my wah wah goin.... that's a neat product and I'm gonna pull the trigger soon!

Tele uke pictured in my gallery was my first from scratch build. It's my main little uke... I really want to make something simple and affordable and that design is pretty straightforward. I really wanted to use the moongazermusic intonatable bridge with em but haven't figured out what kind of pickup system to use with that...maybe ghost saddles but that starts to get the price up there.

The pair of explorer ukes (unfortunately not made for zz top) was my first experience with spraying a finish and ... well let's just say that whole process is an art unto itself it seems. Will definitely get back to that someday.

thanks

sharp21
06-16-2011, 03:58 AM
Those explorers are bad to the bone! If I didn't already have a uke on order I would pick one of those up in a heartbeat!
S.

goodco
06-21-2011, 03:51 AM
Hey, I will post neck measurements later today. Here are the next two necks, a little flamey :drool:
http://www.guitargraveyard.com/images/goodco_necks6_21_11.jpg

Still got all four available for preorder! :cool:
I guess I need a better demonstration video...practicing my split stoke...

mustacheukuleles
06-21-2011, 06:37 AM
i really hope you sell some. its interesting to see a new builder start his/her business and try to get it running. I hope you succeed dude! But just a suggestion... being a buyer it would be really nice for you to maybe make a video talking about your uke and some of its features as well as a sound sample. i see those little knobs and buttons just at the bottom of the pick guard and am left curious! i think that could help you out alot. Also flea market music would be a cool place to post your product maybe someone would see one and want to pick one up.
best of luck to you!

goodco
06-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Neck measurements:

1.48" @ zero fret
1.75" @ 12th fret

outside string width:

1.2" @ zero fret
1.4" @ bone saddle

___

Thanks MoustacheU ~ Suggestions and site noted (zvex effects pedal has great demo videos) My uke just has 2 little knobs volume and tone.

SuzukHammer
06-22-2011, 09:47 AM
I've decided I need one of these.

There's no cure for desire.

mustacheukuleles
06-22-2011, 11:47 AM
^^^^YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really would love to do a review of one. How flippin fun would that be?!

goodco
06-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks so much SuzukHammer! GoodCo serial#1 shipping to you 7-11-11!!
3 left out of this first batch.

TicToc
06-29-2011, 11:49 AM
How about those Explorer bodied ukuleles in the gallery? I've always wanted one.