PDA

View Full Version : Ibanez uew30rwe

Uke87
06-13-2011, 04:38 AM
Hi all, i recieved my Ibanez today, i purchased a factory second and when i recieved it , all that was wrong was the saddle was loose and there was some glue that needed sanding down around the rosette. all fixed and now she sings.

I struggled to find a review of one of these. so i thought id do a basic one with some pics

Features 7
What year was it made? Where was is made? Im going to say 2010, and it says its made in Indonesia, i wonder if its subcontracted to the same people that make the fenders
How many frets?19
Solid-Top? Laminated top?Laminated Rosewood
Any pickups or electronics? Has an active pickup with undersadle pickup IBANEZ UK-300T With Built in tuner
Body and neck woods? Body is made from Rosewood laminate, and the neck is solid mahogany
Finish High Gloss finnish
Body style Concert Cutaway
Bridge style knott in slot
Tuners Open geared Grover
Any included accessories? Gig bag and amp lead

Sound 7

How does it suit your music style (and what is that style)? has a really low action, which allows nice strumming
What amps and effects are you using it with? Peavey Transtube 112
Is it noisy? On what settings? not really,however the pickup is very sensitive
Rich/Full sound? Bright sound?Very bright sound
Likes and dislikes?like the abalone rosette, the fact its an ibanez, the cutaway design the clever pickup with tuner

Action, Fit & Finish 6.5 (in all fairness it was classed as a factory 2nd)

How well was the ukulele set-up at the factory? pretty good considering its from indonesia, it has a nicely dressed fretboard, all the frets sit nicely in their slots, the tuners are a bit stiff but i imagine they can be adjusted
Properly bookmatched top? yes
Properly routed bridge?yes
Did the ukulele contain any flaws? the saddle was loose- i alardyted it down, and there was some glue left over around the rosette which i sanded back with 280gritt sandpaper

Reliability/Durability 8

Will this ukulele withstand live playing? most definately
Does the hardware seem like it will last?yes, everything is very good quality
Is the finish good enough to last, or does it seem thin and easy to wear off with lots of playing?quite a thcik gloss on it
Can you depend on it?yes
Would you use it on a gig without a backup?yes

Overall Rating 7

Its a great uke, its by no means a high end uke, but i love the way it looks, its got the collectability for me and that X factor, its a talking piece because people assume ibanez only make guitars. i love the woods that have been used and even though it was classed as a factory second i have fixed the minor issues and now it plays beautifully.

The ibanez ukes were getting a bit of a bad rep , id like to say that this one is really sweet, and it came strung with aquillas. i can recommend them but i would suggest you dont buy it sight unseen. I am a gambler so i did.

hope you enjoyed and found this informative

Uke87
06-13-2011, 04:41 AM
some more photos

mm stan
06-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Aloha Uke87,
Congratulations on your new uke...and thank you for the review....Happy strummings...Have fun and enjoy...MM Stan

Uke87
06-13-2011, 07:22 AM
thank you mm stan!

PhilUSAFRet
06-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Nice uke, good review. How's the sound unplugged?

Uke87
06-13-2011, 04:47 PM
sounds pretty bright, but it could be the high g strings, also its only laminate, im very happy with it

flacoclef
06-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Nice looking uke!

Uke87
06-13-2011, 05:47 PM
thanks, its quite small even for a concert!