PDA

View Full Version : Denver Uking This Week?

ckellogg
06-13-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm going to be in Denver (conference) Wed-Sat. Are there any uke get togethers I can barge in to? I'm a beginner. Thanks!

Chris Tarman
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
The Denver Uke Community has a meet-up at the Swallow Hill Music Association on the 3rd Saturday of each month, so you're in luck! I went last month and it was pretty fun. The address is 71 E. Yale (just off of South Broadway a few blocks north of Hampden, which is easy to access from I-25). I believe it runs from 10-noon. It costs $3 for non-members, but it's worth it. The day I went, there were about 25-30 people there. They have a bunch of songs already picked out for each meet, and you're supposed to download them ahead of time, which I didn't know when I went. But it was fine, because they had some extra copies and there were plenty of folks to share with anyway. I met someone from UU there, even!
They had people of all skill levels there, so no worries about being a beginner. You will want to stop and grab a beverage somewhere on the way though, or bring a water bottle. They have a cafe in the room we met in, but it wasn't open that morning, and I was DYING for a coke!

ckellogg
06-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Wow, thanks! With luck my conference schedule will let me fit this in - whoo hoo!