Howzit! Newbie Checking In

RJA

Reaction score
Aloha everyone. My name is Reynold. Born on Lanai many years ago, and currently living in Corona, CA. I am a novice guitar and uke player.

I can't wait to return to the islands when I retire from 37 years of Military/Department of Defense service.

Malama pono
Mahalo

Aloha and welcome to UU.
Lanai is the only island I have yet to visit. Hope to make it there someday. What type of music do you like to play? I play in a Hawaiian music group, Kolohe Ukulele Club, in Huntington Beach every Tuesday from 7-9pm at Island Bazaar. I know it's a bit of a drive from Corona, but you might have fun if you're feeling homesick for the music and kanikapila.

Aloha Kakou . . . Howzit? Born & raised in the Kalihi/Palama area of Oahu. Stay up hea in Sac afta got out of da service. Get quite a few locals up hea an we get togedda on Fridays fo Kanikapila and tak story. I stay debating whether or not fo move back . . . If you get questions li'dat, send me one PM.

Malama Pono, brah!

Aloha Reynold,
Howzit brah,
wow a long stint in the service...thank you...Welcome to the UU and our forums and returning home to the Islands...Mahalo Nui for all your years of service to our country...google Musicteacher2010
and Keonepax for awesome ukelele video tutorials and Dr uke for songs, chords and instructions...Have Fun and enjoy..Happy Strmmings.. Malama pono and A Hui Ho!! MM Stan

Last edited:
Aloha and welcome to the UU!!! Glad you joined and BTW....Thank you for your outstanding service to our country!!

Welcome to UU and thanks for your service, Reynold! You'll have plenty of time for strumming both guitar and uke after retirement. Enjoy it; you've earned it!!

Welcome! And thank-you! This is a great site to learn uke and the best bunch of folks on the net!

Aloha RJA,
E KOMO MAI! Welcome to UU and the forum. We have alot of Hawaiian Tranplants here on the forum, me being one from Kalihi. Knew a lot of Lanaians who moved to Kalihi small kid time. Have fun here and enjoy your stay...............BO..........

Aloha and E KOMO MAI!!! Glad you joined!
PS...Mahalo for serving our country!!!

Top Bottom