Pretty Good Weekend

BBQUKER

Reaction score
As my moniker suggests (BBQUKER) I do barbeque and play the uke. Well this weekend we competed at a BBQ competition here in Wisconsin going up against 40 other teams. So to keep this uke related, I was taking out my uke to play and a father with his 10 year old daughter approached. In talking with them the daughter said she would like to play the uke. Just happened to have a second uke with. Taught her C7 and F chords and we proceeded to play the Hawaiian version of the Hokey Pokey song. The father recorded the whole thing on his cell phone. Had to stop playing when someone offered the daughter a brownie to eat (not while holding my Mainland). In talking to the father later I made some little girl very happy, but I think I may have been happier to have done what I did.

On the BBQ side, on Saturday our team took the grand championship. American Royal here we come (with my ukes of course).

Dan (sole member of the Wisconsin Rapids Ukulele Club)

That's a great "spread the aloha" story. Thanks for sharing! And congratulations (and good luck) with the barbecue competitions.

I want to come hear you play........ and eat of course! Congrats on both the "wins"

Top Bottom