Rex's Blues - Townes Van Zandt cover

23skidoo

Reaction score
Howdy folks - hope I'm not too eager posting two videos in as many days, but I'm really diggin practicing on camera..... turning into something of an exhibitionist, quite out of character. I'm trying to incorporate the fingers a little more, still very rough ....

Townes Van Zandt is one of my favorite songwriters. Not necessarily a spirit-lifter, but a purveyor of real truth and beauty. This is a eulogy for his friend Rex Bell.

Excellent stuff there- working up a Townes cover right now...this one adds fule to the fire. Very well done!
What editing software are you using?

Joe, Stan, TCK - many thanks for the kind words......

Joe - I'm just down the street in Tucker.....

TCK - I'm working on a few more TVZ tunes also - they're compelling.... as far as the software, I'm a Mac user, so I'm just using the on-board iLife software that came on the machine - Garage Band for the audio and iMovie for the video. Really just getting into what it does, but it's very easy to use. One thing, though, there isn't a built in feature for doing the split-screen thing in iMovie, kind of have to monkey with it a bit. If that's what you're interested in, I think most other apps let you do it much more easily..... hopefully Apple with figure this out for the next upgrade.....

That was very good. Okay, I admit I didn't actually watch it (multi tasking), I listened while I did something else and half way through realized how much I was digging it and how professional it sounded. Good job!

Thanks RoxHum, I'm really glad you liked it. And don't worry, you didn't miss anything not watching..... I'm new to video making, gotta take some cues from others here and work on the visual aspect a bit.....

Top Bottom