Ukulele plans?

Uncle Sheepy

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Contemplating a first build at the moment, my shed is progressing to the point that I will have a good space to get set up and I have been stockpiling wood for a while now!

I am seriously drawn to the look of the old Hawaiian ukes and don't see to many makers producing these (aNueNue 1879 being the exception)
Anyhow, my question is...has anyone any ideas where I might pick up some plans for this particular style of Uke?
Many thanks
Sheepy.

Hanalima is a great source for plans and materials.

I don't know of any plans for figure-8 style ukes. Maybe just find one you like and trace the body. Or draw it how you like based on body dimensions from other makers. Adapting a standard bracing pattern and bridge location for a new body shape would be pretty easy
If its your first build and you're not too confident.....I'd say follow some plans. Then you have a reason to build a second one
Some good plans available here... http://elderly.com/search/elderly?terms=ukulele+blueprint

Perhaps it does not make any difference if you are using a radius dish to shape the sides before gluing on the top and bottom (and clearly not if you are making a flat top and bottom), but some plans do not include a side profile. I think the profile would be useful to a beginner.

Top Bottom