First neck-glue-job...

mketom

Reaction score
I can't be the only guy out there who bought a $23.95 Grizzley Soprano, thinking, they can't really be assembling anything for that price. (Remember your first model car or plane kit as a kid? Open up the box and there just a bunch of gray plastic things or wood bits.) So what to do with this... It's all done but the neck.

In another life I have a couple old Vespas I tinker with and this weekend finds me in New Orleans for Amerivespa 2011 & some Southern livin'. Can't go to NOLA without a ukulele so I assembled the Grizziprano as a give-away to some hard-workin' under-appreciated soul who makes these events happen for us.

I got a nicer pre-made fretboard from the Mainland guys, other than that just a little glue and a rattle-can of Krylon. The water-slide decals are pretty subtle unless you are in the sun when the mahogany shines. Strung up with some Aquilas, it sounds pretty OK right outta the box.

SRUke1.jpg

Last edited:
I so need an Amerivespa Uke...that is just brilliant.
n544346175_2406307_5544026.jpg

Came together nicely- thinking of deleting my spare on my SV for a hard uke case

Haha- not from Northern California :) The last 25 years on one of these has worn my fanny right out. I just rebuilt my carburetor though and I figure I need a good Vespa picnic with the wife tonight. Off to figure out how to attach a uke case to a scooter!

So much awesomeness all in one place :-D

Top Bottom