Cool Uke Chord Namer

lambchop

Reaction score
Aloha Mike,
Welcome back...wondered where you disappeared to..sheesh...glad to see you back and a new blog...thank you for sharing...hope all is well....MM Stan..

Thanks for the links on your blog to the ukulele interfaces. Is there any way you can describe what you did to get from the 6-string interface to the ukulele interfaces? ("Give a guy a fish and he won't go hungry today. Teach a guy to fish and he'll never go hungry.") Thanks!

Also, this would be such a cool smartphone app.

Last edited:
more dissonant chords

I've been playing around with some more dissonant chords, sort of hillbilly cousins to the 3301 that I came up with earlier. One of them is 0021, with names like GmM7bb5/C (G/C Minor Major 7th Double Flat 5th). I think the name sounds almost as bad as the chord itself. :)

Welcome back, Mike, hope to see more posts over the summer.

Thanks for all the kind words. My day is keeping me incredibly busy, but I am just finding time on nights and weekends to try and blog again. The power of this ukulele chord namer is all in the jguitar.com interface - it lets you chose the number of strings and the tuning of those strings, so this could be done for banjo or mandolin - anything. It's a great site and if you explore it, it has some really powerful tools. Mike

Bookmarked! Thanks

Top Bottom