anyone out there keep a bible?

I used to keep extensive records of my sound board mapping and of my finishing schedules. But it becomes intuitive after you've done it a lot of times and you're happy with the results you've gotten. Still, with every batch of ukes I build it seems there is at least one new thing I discover, no matter how small it seems. I do many of these procedures only once a month so it helps to write these things down. I've got little Post-Its all over my shop (that I rarely look at!)

I've always kept a builders log for the airplanes I build (it helps keep the Friendly Aviators Association (FAA) happy!), but haven't yet with my ukes & guitars. Great idea though, I think I'll start.

I work to drawing dimensions..and specifications...but constant revisions are essential:)...That's the main thing the "Holy Bible" has missing.

I make a parts/materials list for each one I build.....mostly so I don't forget to buy something. Nothing worse than a saturday morning and you forgot to buy fret wire or something.
I don't build enough to really track the construction details vs. results and have it mean anything

Top Bottom