the search is over... Mainland

patico

Reaction score
hi UUers.
i was in the U$500 range when i recieved a lot of suggestions here, and my first option was a pono uku. after reading a lot in this forum, i decided to buy a tenor mainland w/ pickup.

my actual ukulele is concert, and i feel like frets are too small from 10 to up. so wanted to try a tenor.
i need the PU cause i like doing lots of kinds of music, including pedals, ambient, etc.

bought it yesterday, so i'll post a demo as soon as it arrives here.
it has to go all a long way down here.

iorana korua !!

Good choice! Which wood combo did you get?

Congratulations, Mainland is always a good choice!

Flamenco on the Mainland! I'm looking forward to it.

Got news for you...your search is NOT over! Great uke, I bought 3 and now I have 13:eek: hanging on the wall and 2 in the mail. Your search is definately not over! Sorry bruddah.

Congratulations on your mainland purchase...good choice...we'll be waiting for a demo..Mahalo, Stan

hi UUers.
i was in the U$500 range when i recieved a lot of suggestions here, and my first option was a pono uku. after reading a lot in this forum, i decided to buy a tenor mainland w/ pickup.

my actual ukulele is concert, and i feel like frets are too small from 10 to up. so wanted to try a tenor.
i need the PU cause i like doing lots of kinds of music, including pedals, ambient, etc.

bought it yesterday, so i'll post a demo as soon as it arrives here.
it has to go all a long way down here.

iorana korua !!

excellent choice.

I love my tenor mainland with misi as much as my children :)

I love my Mainland Soprano more than my children. Ha ha just kidding.....

Looks as though Mainland will be restocking some their models in July. Contemplating a mango pineapple.

hi UUers
it's a mahogany tenor, mate finish, silver-ebony tuners, MiSi pickup.

i'm in the process of overhaulin a fender silverface champ amplifier, to match with the ukulele.

Way to go!!! Congrats and looking forward to the pictures and that sound clip!!!

Congrats............and you know it will be gorgeous!

Roxhum: Did you go with the friction tuners or geared? I personally prefer geared, I was just wondering if they weighed down the headstock too much on their models. I'm very OCD with tuning and not a fan of having to tighten the screws on friction tuners to maintain tuning stability. Also, did you choose the gloss finish or matte? I have a matte finish soprano that shows a lot of wear in certain spots. I'm purchasing a Mainland Mahogany Soprano soon and I want to be sure I've made the right choice lol. Thanks in advance :D!

Roxhum: Did you go with the friction tuners or geared? I personally prefer geared, I was just wondering if they weighed down the headstock too much on their models. I'm very OCD with tuning and not a fan of having to tighten the screws on friction tuners to maintain tuning stability. Also, did you choose the gloss finish or matte? I have a matte finish soprano that shows a lot of wear in certain spots. I'm purchasing a Mainland Mahogany Soprano soon and I want to be sure I've made the right choice lol. Thanks in advance :D!

Aloha, I don't think you can make a bad choice with Mainland. Both of mine are second hand and both of mine are seconds. My soprano is matte, my concert is glossy. both have geared tuners and yes it does weigh down the headstock slightly. I personally like good quality friction tuners and had I ordered new that is what I would have ordered. I love both finishes, how do you choose? The glossy finish is flashier. The glossy shows some scratches around the soundhole. Maybe the matte shows more, it is hard to say since my concert is very new and has not had a lot of play time. It still smells new with fresh wood smell, I LOVE it! The glossy shows fingerprints. The glossy is slippier. But at the end of the day the differences are so slight. Since you already have the matte go with the glossy. I truly love my Mainlands and think they are the best bang for your buck.

Thank you so much! The info you gave me was very helpful in making my decision :D. I've decided to reconsider friction tuners for the soprano I'm getting. I'm very happy that you've enjoyed your Mainland ukes so much, I bet that Kamaka pineapple is pretty sweet too! I'm ordering from UkeRepublic because I've heard excellent things about their service. Thanks again!

P.S. Sorry to the OP, I wasn't trying to hijack the thread. Congrats on your new uke! I'm sure that tenor will sound awesome, I'll be looking forward to some videos!

hi, hope it arrives this week to easter island. it's been a while since it left it's home.

Top Bottom