Lanikai (Kanile'a) LK1-S soprano <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillian

Reaction score
SOLD

Kanile'a made some solid koa ukes for Lanikai with the same construction and finish as the regular Kanile'a line, before they introduced their TRU bracing system.

This little uke is one of those. It is in excellent condition. I bought it last year and am the original owner. I replaced the white plastic bridge pins with ebony pins with abalone dots which compliment the highly coloured abalone fretboard and side neck markers. The koa is nicely patterned and bookmatched. UV finish.Chrome Grover geared tuners. Intonation is accurate, no buzzing.

Hard foam case included.

lk1-sfront.jpg

lk1-sback.jpg

lk1-slabel.jpg

ukeincase.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty!!!!!

... to quote Aloe Blacc, "I need a dollar, dollar, dollar that's what I need"

:( lol

If I didn't jump on a concert of this only days ago, this would be mine for sure ;)

Do you mind telling me where you sourced the bridge pins.
I definitely wish to go the same as your little gem.

Cheers.

Thank you for that Gillian.

Since I am outside of the USA, looks like I can only order in plain but that's no biggie.
Exactly what I had on my wish list and I know they will fit.

Just a show of support here - I had a Lanikai LK-1s and it was every bit the same quality of my Kanile'a K1-s. This one shouldn't last long!

The LK-1s was my first uke way back when, and I loved that little thing. These are really good ukes. Good luck with your sale, it's a pretty one!

Hey hungry4adobo,

You just missed out on a concert which just sold on eBay a few days ago for $450

Sorry, that was me who took the plunge :eek:
Never played a concert before but since I love my tenor and soprano I think I should be OK :)

Somebody please buy this soprano so I can stop considering it. Quickly!!!

Hey strums,

Congrats for picking up that Lanikai LK1-C Concert Uke, made by Kanilea! She sure is gorgeous! I was tempted to get that one ... but concert ukes are just too small for me. I've sold all of my concert ukes, with the exception of my Concert Magic Fluke M10 which is being sold tomorrow locally to another member here on UU. Enjoy your new Lanikai LK1-C Concert Uke!!!

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I will enjoy indeed.

I personally don't have a problem with Sopranos being too small or tenors being too big. I do really like the sound of the soprano though so if I could only have one then it would be a soprano. I'm hoping the concert really is the a nice middle ground of the bigger and smaller of the species.
I've read they really shine with Worth browns so they are on the way as well to try out.

The only bad experience from these little ukes is now all my guitars and basses feel grossly oversized and unplayable and I'm tempted to sell them all :eek:

BUMP for a great looking uke!

G'day Mate,

Since you love sopranos ... you will love your Lanikai LK1-C Concert Uke!

I understand how you feel about your guitars and basses Mate. Have you ever tried a Kala U-Bass? They are really cool!

Anyone know where I can find a concert?

G'day Mate,

Since you love sopranos ... you will love your Lanikai LK1-C Concert Uke!

I understand how you feel about your guitars and basses Mate. Have you ever tried a Kala U-Bass? They are really cool!

I bet they are. I have been looking at them online since I bought my first uke.
Love the 'Upright' sound they produce.
If they had any here at a store it would be an irresistible purchase. A little a U-Bass will be coming up somewhere in the next couple purchases. Kala make an awesome product for the price and the U-Bass should be no exception. Thanks for the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom