my keonepax YouTube channel has been terminated by YouTube

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
Well, what can I say? I got nailed by YouTube. The keonepax channel is no more. They wiped out everything. 5 years of work, 200 plus videos, all the comments I enjoyed reading, all the connections (subscribers, subscriptions, friends), gone in a flash.

I was undone by my covers of Studio Ghibli songs. My mistake was using scenes from the movies as a backdrop for my covers. The strange thing was that I did receive a copyright notice, but was told I didn't have to do anything. I would have gladly removed the "offending" videos.

I'm almost too shocked to know how I feel. For now, I just want to thank everyone who has ever given me a nice comment on my videos. It always made my day to get some nice feedback. I'll always appreciate that.

when I first started playing you were such an awesome reference for learning songs. I'm so sorry that your account was deleted. That's such bs how they can just do such a thing with no warning!

Oh John. I am so so sorry to read this news.
That is absolutely devastating. I am in shock, it is just unbelievable.
Is there nothing that can be done? Probably not I guess.
Your videos, so beautifully done, with such a personal offering of yourself, and with your generous sharing of chords - they have been an incredible gift, an inspiration to so many, myself included.
I suppose I will keep hoping that something can be done to salvage the situation.
I have only every received one warning notice, and I admit it had me worried - I realise that in a flash it can all dissolve.
I feel for you tonight from here in Oz. Hugs through cyberspace to you.

Geez John...I don't know what to say either....that's f*$#@ing unbelievable. Your channel has been a joy to watch for me ever since I knew about youtube. I always look forward to your new songs and your sweet arrangements, and your sweet voice too. So desperately sad for you that all those memories, comments...wiped in one fell swoop. And to be sure there is a warning here for all people that use youtube.

But all is not over though mate. One stage may be, but I look forward to a new channel and more videos from you in the VERY near future. You're an inspiration within the ukulele community brother, you need to know that, and nothing changes from that perspective. Your impact hasn't been removed, though the clips have been taken.

I trust you have at least some of those tunes still on your hard drive that you can keep and use at another time. Wishing you much love and peace from here in tassie mate.

Sorry to hear about the bad news. Have enjoyed all of your hard work and enthusiasm. Keep the faith. Best regards.

Sad news, I hope you have copies of your videos and you'll be back soon.

I have enjoyed your covers, like Fresh or Don't Worry Baby and many others...

Really sad. Best regards.

Last edited:
Well, what can I say? I got nailed by YouTube. The keonepax channel is no more. They wiped out everything. 5 years of work, 200 plus videos, all the comments I enjoyed reading, all the connections (subscribers, subscriptions, friends), gone in a flash.

I was undone by my covers of Studio Ghibli songs. My mistake was using scenes from the movies as a backdrop for my covers. The strange thing was that I did receive a copyright notice, but was told I didn't have to do anything. I would have gladly removed the "offending" videos.

I'm almost too shocked to know how I feel. For now, I just want to thank everyone who has ever given me a nice comment on my videos. It always made my day to get some nice feedback. I'll always appreciate that.

So sorry to hear this as well. I loved your video's and your colabs. I always knew when new videos popped up from you there would be something enjoyable. Thank you for that and all the inspiration.
I wish you luck with your next steps. Please don't stop sharing your talent with us...

PS I really want to hear you play that pacman uke! :)

John, that is horrible. I've always enjoyed watching the videos you post. Hopefully you have most or all of the videos available to post back up. I know it will be lots of work, but us fans might see some older videos we didn't catch the first time around (silver lining, maybe). Best of luck getting back up and running and please do another video with that cool Lifesaver uke!

Man that's terrible. Hope you have some backup videos you can keep.
Youtube sent me a copywrite notice on two songs that I did that are public domain hymns.
Don't get it.

wow that is unreal! all over a few backdrop filmshots?? I've seen endless videos with full clips of movies etc on there. And they couldn't just send one lousy request to take it down just whipe out your whole collection?? There does need to be a new channel , actualy a new video hostign site. I think Im going to look into finding a better one myself instead of continuing to use screwyoutube. And karma on these companies that are so uptight about their copyrights that they feel the need to step on the people that are actualy their fans. I dont see how a few little scenes on youtube are hurting their revenues, in fact you are actualy promoting their stuff for free by putting clips in your video!

what is this world coming to. /rant

Bro' that sucks. I am sorry for you losing your videos. I have always enjoyed them. This whole copyright thing sometimes gets outta hand. I am sorry for you. Don't let it keep you down.

John I am sorry to hear that and ditto on everything everyone has been saying. I agree it is devastating for you I am sure but for all of us that enjoyed and learned from your videos. Are they lost or are they backed up somewhere? I wonder if all of us contacted YouTube in protest if that would help.

Eh wait I just subscribed to it!!!!! Sorry to hear about your situation.

Sorry to hear the bad news, John. I've always enjoyed viewing your videos and have learned so much from them. I hope that you continue fill the interwebs with your 'ukulele music and Aloha Spirit with a new channel. Mahalo Nui Loa!

Mason671

John, auwe, that just totally sucks . . . As one shame dey wen do dat. Brah, I always look forward to watching anything you wen put up. Like everybody says, I hope you can find one nodda site to host your vids. There's lotsa folks dat goin miss your music and I know you goin continue fo play.

Top Bottom