how severe can the UAS be??

patico

Reaction score
I need to do a confession right now to everybody.
i used to have GAS..... moderate to severe illness, so i have a nice collection of guitars, amplis n pedals.
i thought that buying a small ukulele would solve my $$$$ problems n cure my GAS.

but now, i can see my chronic desease is mutating from GAS to UAS

so if anyone here suffers from UAS.... how severe can this pathology be??

:confused:

After many years of playing guitar, banjo, and mandolin, I bought my first uke one year ago. In fact, almost one year ago to the day.

Now look at my sig below if you want to see how bad this can hit you...

The best way to cure it is to find your perfect uke. But as we all now there is now such thing as perfection.

It hits everyone.

I just bought a Backpacker Ukulele (Soprano), NOT Martin, to take with me when I return home,
read Hawaii, for the Summer.

It's one of those, "I may not need it, really, but I don't have one and...."

For GAS take a couple of Alka-Seltzer. For UAS - no known cure and no groups attempting to
even find any kind of cure.

Keep uke'in'... responsibly,

It hits everyone.

I just bought a Backpacker Ukulele (Soprano), NOT Martin, to take with me when I return home,
read Hawaii, for the Summer.

It's one of those, "I may not need it, really, but I don't have one and...."

For GAS take a couple of Alka-Seltzer. For UAS - no known cure and no groups attempting to
even find any kind of cure.

Keep uke'in'... responsibly,

Aloha Uncle Rod,
What Brand of Backpacker uke did you get?? I got a Captain ukulele backpacker and I just love it....
BTW....For me, UAS is quite worse....by far

Ukuleles generally don't cost nearly as much as guitars. So you're really saving yourself money over the long haul by having UAS in lieu of GAS. Hee! Hee! Hee!

UAS is an extremely serious affliction. My name is Allan, and I am afflicted with UAS.

Fortunately there plenty of "support" available at UU.

After many years of playing guitar, banjo, and mandolin, I bought my first uke one year ago. In fact, almost one year ago to the day.

I see you have your Kanile'a and Collings for sale...are you trying to cure UAS or found some more to add to your collection? lol

There's one missing... you need to update your signature...

There is no known cure, only simple remedies that will slow the UAS down a bit. (buy another uke)!!

Photos of the Ukulele Cowboy Society's Ukulele and Rehearsal Room. (Photos are several months old. Some of these have left and there are new additions not shown)

HarmonyWall.jpg

WallOfUkulele.jpg

BanjoUkes.jpg

WallOfUkulele2.jpg

I'm going to show my wife the pictures of Ukulelecowboy's menagerie...That'll shut her up about my UAS for a while...!!! Hee! Hee! Hee!

Photos of the Ukulele Cowboy Society's Ukulele and Rehearsal Room. (Photos are several months old. Some of these have left and there are new additions not shown)

Wow that's more instruments than most of the music shops I've visited would carry!

PS: I like your little resonator uke! :)

I personally don't have UAS, but it's early days and a slippery slope...

UAS is really bad- looking for the cure, 17 ukes will NOT satisfy the thirst, running out of money. Have to sneak them in the house now. Have 2 more being made from some koa boards-yikes

Top Bottom