PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Kanilea Super Dlx Tenor 4 string <SOLD>

johndwapa
06-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Sold

For sale in pristine condition with hard case. Kanilea Super deluxe tenor.
Long neck, baritone lower bout. All solid koa with nice flame throughout.
Great full tone, intonation great, gloss finish, ebony fretboard. Played but not abused. Selling to change out/fund a dreadnought guitar.
Purchased for $1100 in July '10. Sell for $900 or thereabouts plus shipping CONUS (likely $20ish).

I can take additional pictures if needed.
Not sure if this picture uploaded correctly. PM me as needed.

Price drop to $775
Price down to $725

johndwapa
06-27-2011, 02:17 PM
bump, Price drop to spur some interest.

hapuna
06-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Wow you must really need the money!

Markr1
06-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Where is this made?

haolejohn
06-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Where is this made?

Kanile'a ukuleles are made on the island of Oahu. In Kaneohe. One of the "K" brands.

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
06-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Beautiful. Great price. Somebody buy this. Now.

haolejohn
06-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Beautiful. Great price. Somebody buy this. Now.

it really is. I would give Kanile'a a try for this price.

iDavid
06-27-2011, 07:14 PM
My Kanilea Tenor is always surprising me. It blew the doors off a KoAloha Tenor, and I LOVE KoAloha.

I just put a set of Aquila's with a Low-g, after the worths broke, and I am amazed with the sound.

haolejohn
06-27-2011, 07:26 PM
My Kanilea Tenor is always surprising me. It blew the doors off a KoAloha Tenor, and I LOVE KoAloha.

I just put a set of Aquila's with a Low-g, after the worths broke, and I am amazed with the sound.

you also have a sound monster. when we visited Hawaii the only Kanile'a that I played that I liked was a sound monster. I like the KoAloha tenors but not nearly as much as the concerts.

soupking
06-27-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm off topic here, but my Koaloha tenor has the best sound I've ever heard probably out of any instrument. I have a Koaloha concert, too, which is impeccable. But the tenor is ridiculous. I just constantly see over and over the same people knocking their tenors on various threads. My two cents- all that dough I forked over for the Koaloha tenor- it's the best money I've ever spent.

Dan Uke
06-27-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm off topic here, but my Koaloha tenor has the best sound I've ever heard probably out of any instrument. I have a Koaloha concert, too, which is impeccable. But the tenor is ridiculous. I just constantly see over and over the same people knocking their tenors on various threads. My two cents- all that dough I forked over for the Koaloha tenor- it's the best money I've ever spent.

That's what's great about music...everyone is entitled to what sounds good to them!!!

soupking
06-27-2011, 08:35 PM
I agree! I just don't see why Koaloha has to be brought up as inferior when it has nothing to do with the instrument for sale on this thread.

iDavid
06-27-2011, 10:54 PM

It could be that you got a really good KoAloha Tenor. Kanilea has taken its share of hits on this forum. I love both companies, but since I got such a nice Kanilea, I want people to know how great it is, and that does require a comparison. I think it is helpful for us internet shoppers.

The K brands are all different and we probably have different tastes.

mile38
06-28-2011, 08:22 AM
John - is this Kanile'a super tenor ukulele string to low G? Does it have aquila strings? How is the action? Any cosmetic issues? Shipping? My zip is 15658. Thanks and more pictures please.

rbeetsme
06-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Check: http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/marketplace/default.asp someone there is looking for this uke.

misterpk
06-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Is this the satin finish or the UV finish?

molokinirum
06-28-2011, 12:06 PM
That is a sweet looking uke!!! I have a Kanile'a Tenor Deluxe 6 string and it sounds awesome!! This is a real good price for a "K" brand that is quite new!!!

johndwapa
06-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Tuned Low -g Worth clears on it now. gloss finish, not satin. New pictures in post. Really hard to get a non-reflective pic of this uke to show the grain.

I like all the K's

nucum25
07-01-2011, 07:20 PM
PM sent. Thanks.

johndwapa
07-22-2011, 08:08 AM
This Ukulele has been sold. Can someone explain how to close this thread?

Coconut Willie
07-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Yes, put SOLD in the title and a Mod will close it for you!