Teaching (Well)?

geekinpinkhat

Reaction score
On Saturday, when I returned home at the end of the school year, I taught my 12-year-old sister some easy chords and a few songs on my LU-11.

I liked having an Eleuke, so I could play the chords quietly in the background while she figured out how to form chords and what they sounded like - but as someone is learning how to play the ukulele through chord diagrams, I worry that I'm not going to be able to teach her well. (I'm also a little worried that, as in all things, she will quickly surpass me.)

Is there a better way to learn/teach the uke? Have a corrupted my poor sister's first uking experience? (And if I have, will I be able to make it up to her by getting her a nice one when she improves? ;))

Thanks!

Aloha geek in black hat,
Maybe this is too basic for her...but go the site and click on the top right...upload and scroll down to the lessons..
Hope it helps.... Google Musicteacher2010 and Dr Uke ..Good Luck, MM Stan
http://www.youtube.com/user/madelinelpots

Last edited:
No you only started the process.... Like mm stan said, visit Dr. Uke's site, there is a lot of great information for beginners.

Any start is a good start.

As we all know, the ukulele has its own magnetism about it and those drawn to it
cannot escape that force field.

I was introduced to the ukulele in 6th grade. I had to confer with one of my classmates,
who lived up the hill from my house, re the proper forming of the chords and what they
were called.

Then I practiced like mad and basically taught myself from that point on, even transposing
and such.

A music prodigy I am NOT but motivated, yes I was. So anyone with motivation will
persevere the learn what they need to make their ukulele sing.

Keep uke'in',

Any start is a good start.

As we all know, the ukulele has its own magnetism about it and those drawn to it
cannot escape that force field.

I was introduced to the ukulele in 6th grade. I had to confer with one of my classmates,
who lived up the hill from my house, re the proper forming of the chords and what they
were called.

Then I practiced like mad and basically taught myself from that point on, even transposing
and such.

A music prodigy I am NOT but motivated, yes I was. So anyone with motivation will
persevere the learn what they need to make their ukulele sing.

Keep uke'in',

Wasn't doing well with standard books, just plain chord charts, but I really got started with Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp chord exercises. Worked for me and a lot of other UU'ers.

Top Bottom