What the h^%l?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
What the heck am I gonna do with this pile of junk stuff? ;)

Stay tuned. I feel the first Dük Ecoutric on the horizon... hehheh

P1040552.jpg

Last edited:
You sir, are a CRAZY man!! Good luck!

when the drill first starts biting into the wood, does the sound of that make you shudder ?

sure it does.. But by that time, it's too late.. ;)

What is "h^%l"? Hell? It's a place name; a location, not an obscenity and "what the hell" is, in today's efforvescent colloquialisms, so mild it isn't even blocked by bad word filters.

Well, okay, it's a mythical place like Atlantis, Lemuria, Middle Earth or heaven. But even so you wouldn't write "A*&^%$s" or "L@#$%^a" would you? What about "h$#@%^n"?

Hell is perfectly acceptable to write out fully. But maybe you meant some other word? Hall? Heel? Heal?

This looks exciting. It's been great to see a new player enter the uke-seller's market. From what I've seen and heard, it looks like you'll be in for more success in future.

Can't wait to see what you do with this one man! :)

This looks exciting. It's been great to see a new player enter the uke-seller's market. From what I've seen and heard, it looks like you'll be in for more success in future.

Thanks it's been a load of fun playing with the ukes. It's only a hobby, but that is also what keeps it fun.. ;)

What is "h^%l"? Hell? It's a place name; a location, not an obscenity and "what the hell" is, in today's efforvescent colloquialisms, so mild it isn't even blocked by bad word filters.

Well, okay, it's a mythical place like Atlantis, Lemuria, Middle Earth or heaven. But even so you wouldn't write "A*&^%$s" or "L@#$%^a" would you? What about "h$#@%^n"?

Hell is perfectly acceptable to write out fully. But maybe you meant some other word? Hall? Heel? Heal?

<yawn>... Would you feel like an A*^%$s if I told you I had MS and sometimes my fingers don't work right on the keyboard?

Kinda wonder if you get a kick correcting grammar (noticed I learned to spell "grammar" from you, thanks.) on someone with a speech impediment.

P.S. As far as being a mythical place. I will see to it you have my address. It will be interesting to get a Post Card from ya when you get there. ;)

Last edited:
<yawn>... Would you feel like an A*^%$s if I told you I had MS and sometimes my fingers don't work right on the keyboard?

Kinda wonder if you get a kick correcting grammar (noticed I learned to spell "grammar" from you, thanks.) on someone with a speech impediment.

P.S. As far as being a mythical place. I will see to it you have my address. It will be interesting to get a Post Card from ya when you get there. ;)

lol .. this answered my question :) I was wondering if you two were just really close friends and you didn't mind carrying ichadwick around on your back .. or what the deal was. If your posts really bother him he could put you on ignore .. hmmm ...

Keep up the good work!

WHY? What is lacking in your life that you feel a need to write such posts so frequently? Funnily enough, I had read several of your recent posts and was beginning to feel you were mellowing out and almost becoming pleasant. I was wrong obviously.

Settle down - all of you.

Remember the golden rule please... Be respectful or get lost.

Interesting. When you first showed this uke, I thought that there was no way to get electronics in through those sound holes. The jack plate tells the whole story. Drill a larger hole in the base, feed the stickon transducer through and affix to the underside of the bridge, wire the jack, and then hold the jack in place with the jack plate.

Well thought out. Could you have used an under saddle transducer instead, and feed the leadwire down through a hole in the bridge?

Awesome Tony. Really looking forward to the results of this one. Some 'in progress' pics too would be great...

Interesting. When you first showed this uke, I thought that there was no way to get electronics in through those sound holes. The jack plate tells the whole story. Drill a larger hole in the base, feed the stickon transducer through and affix to the underside of the bridge, wire the jack, and then hold the jack in place with the jack plate.

Well thought out. Could you have used an under saddle transducer instead, and feed the leadwire down through a hole in the bridge?

Actually yep, I could have, and thought about that as an option. It still is, and I might do one like that too and just see which one works best. I decided on this one because I had read allot of good reviews on it for the money. The pup and jack are only $35 from StewMac. So, thought I would give this one a shot first..

Settle down - all of you.

Remember the golden rule please... Be respectful or get lost.

Been on this forum for awhile now, and have huge respect for everyone I ran across, however there is one that apparently was an abused child (And I do pray for him to heal) I hope does apply that golden rule, in either aspect.. ;)

My skill of woodwork and electronics is so awful its not funny. Guess thats why i always watch these threads closely to hopefully pick up some tips.
Be nice to see the progress you make on this uke.

I think I need a beer...

Well, point of no return. Here is the mahogany tenor stripped down. You don't have to do all this for the pup install, but remember I am also refinishing this with a gloss nitro lacquer. So, after it is prepped and drilled it will undergo the nitro shoot.

P1040555.jpg

Hole cut out for the jack/strap button. Cut oversized because this is the "manhole" I will have to work through installing the pup. Kinda makes me wish I fell in love with one with a traditional sound hole.
P1040564.jpg

A trial fit to be sure the pup will fit through the hole. The pup will be expoxied to the the sound board just behind the bridge, slightly to the bass side for optimal sound performance.
P1040562.jpg

To get an idea of what we will be looking like once the jack is installed via LP style jack plate. Not too bad, and fairly subtle. I may switch the plate out to a metal one though. But the plastic one is pretty heavy and may do just fine.
P1040563.jpg

Been on this forum for awhile now, and have huge respect for everyone I ran across, however there is one that apparently was an abused child (And I do pray for him to heal) I hope does apply that golden rule, in either aspect.. ;)

Although the incidence of child abuse and neglect has been decreasing in recent years, more than 1.25 million, or 1 in every 58 children in the United States, were abused in 2006.

More than half (61 percent) of the children (771,700 children) were victims of neglect, meaning a parent or guardian failed to provide for the child's basic needs. Forms of neglect include educational neglect (360,500 children), physical neglect (295,300 children), and emotional neglect (193,400).

Another 44 percent were victims of abuse (553,300 children), including physical abuse (325,000 children), sexual abuse (135,000 children), and emotional abuse (148,500 children).

An average of nearly four children die every day as a result of child abuse or neglect (1,760 in 2007).

Given those statistics, it is more than likely that we have survivors of abuse on this forum. To bring them into your joust with ichadwick belittles their struggle. It doesn't matter if you're serious or not. Drop it, move on, and please refrain from this practice in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom