On the edge of my seat

brucemoffatt

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm on the edge of my seat, at the tipping point buying a new (to me) uke. I've agreed terms etc and hit the send button on PayPal, and now waiting for the money to go through from my wife's account through PayPal to the seller's account.

I just find it hard to accept that it is actually happening. I had the money put away and was about to buy when the dishwasher stopped working, and my funds were diverted. Then this uke came up in the marketplace, and it was everything I was looking for without realising until I saw it. And the funds were available again. Now I'm not going to believe it until it has happened.

So I'm playing my soprano to within an inch of its life, and wringing my hands and worrying when I stop playing.

I'm not even going to talk about what uke it is until it has been shipped.

He he...nice post Bruce.

Aaaah, another sufferer of TPFS...Twitchy Paypal Finger Syndrome...for myself, I've succumbed repeatedly to the torments of the very same affliction. It'll be worth the wait though mate, just hang in for another week or two. In the meantime, keep flogging that dear ol' soprano of yours. :)

We're only left so speculate. There have been some pretty spectacular buys in the Marketplace lately. Best wishes for a speedy transaction!

Way to keep us on our toes!

Waiting is the hardest thing, try to relax and think of your NEW UKE :D

You can do it Bruce! I have been waiting for my "sailor" soprano. IT HAD TO BE MADE! I wish I was just waiting on shipping! Ha! Hang in there!

Ooh ooh I am so excited for you. I wonder if it is the one I have been drooling over. Oh the sweet torture of the wait.

At least you don't have to wait for a postal strike to end before you can even dream of seeing the notice at your door!

AAAAAAhhhh! Now I'm on the edge of MY seat just waiting to see what Bruce got! Will be watching this thread very carefully!

Aloha Bruce,
Congratulations on the your ukulele buy.....I know how it is...just bought on in the marketplace too a few days ago....wow.. been waiting for one with a good price for over an year...
Now the wait for us..ha ha...maybe for you a little longer with customs and all...sheesh...let us know what you got... MM Stan

You're killing us!!! We gotta know...what are you getting?????? Maybe a hint would help!

I know how it is...just bought on in the marketplace too a few days ago....wow.. been waiting for one with a good price for over an year...

Stan, perhaps it's you I should be asking if you bought something from Natalie :)

Sigh. No confirmation from the seller that the payment went through, and now it's the weekend. A whole weekend of waiting on edge. Sheila (wife) and I are going away to visit friends in a lovely little town called Saddleworth all weekend. No internet, probably no phone. I'll just have to wait a bit longer. I just won't believe the deal has gone through until the cash has arrived with the seller and the goods have been sent.

Worry worry worry...

oh you're so naughty Bruce....I've run out of popcorn and the thing hasn't even been shipped yet :p

I think I've blown it

Came back home from a couple of days away to find an email from PayPal - the money has not been claimed, please check the email address. Yep, got it wrong. Incorrect spelling of the sellers last name in the email address. Oops, not a good way to cement in a transaction or a relationship of trust. Poor form Bruce.

To make matters worse now I have the email address corrected PayPal is saying: "ERROR: The recipient will not accept payment from non-US PayPal accounts." I've sent an email asking him to please change his account configuration, but I'm feeling doom and depression.

So, I'd not bother buying any more popcorn unless I can stuff the seller's bank with money somehow, and it's a long way from Adelaide to where he lives.

Top Bottom