The Ukulele Etudes

pulelehua

Reaction score
I've been writing a series of ukulele etudes, for about a year and a half, I guess. I decided some time ago that when I got 10 done, I would do something. Publish them. Record them. Something.

What I've done is to start to post them and the tab on YouTube. So, if you want to listen, you can listen. If you want to try to learn them, you can try to learn them.

I'm brand new to Youtube, so any advice/feedback/questions/etc. would be most welcome. And, of course, please let me know what you think of the music!

This is the link to the first etude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BQQMQF90ZU

More to follow...

Lovely, Thanks for sharing. I can't play this yet, but can see using them (simpler version) to learn how!

I'm a bit torn about posting PDFs for the simple reason that I might try to get them published, and that might be compromised by having given them away. So, I think for now I'll hold on to my little dream of fleeting fame and humble royalty cheques. We shall see...

Incidentally, for the MP fans out there, the recordings are all done with my longneck soprano MP.

With any luck, number 3 uploading tomorrow (found a recording blip on number 2... arg... needs redoing). The trick is that all the stuff I need is at work, so I need to squooze it in between, you know, working.

Well, if you're going to get them published, be sure to let us know! Quite lovely!

these. are. AWESOME!

Any chance that if we kept pressuring you, you might change your mind and decide to put PDFs up?

P.S. I'm glad I found this thread, because I decided to start a similar project. I want to take mandolin and guitar concertos/sonatas, etc. and transcribe them for ukulele. I'm moving to Cambodia in 24 days so I think this would be a good project to kill time when theres no internet, tv, air conditioning, or really anything.

these. are. AWESOME!

Any chance that if we kept pressuring you, you might change your mind and decide to put PDFs up?

P.S. I'm glad I found this thread, because I decided to start a similar project. I want to take mandolin and guitar concertos/sonatas, etc. and transcribe them for ukulele. I'm moving to Cambodia in 24 days so I think this would be a good project to kill time when theres no internet, tv, air conditioning, or really anything.

There is absolutely a chance that I will put them up as PDFs. My main reason for not doing so is the dream I've had, since I was quite small, to get something published. It's always been a goal. Just WHAT I was going to publish has changed over the years, but there's that "name in print" thing. Just want to cling to that one for a bit longer.

Thanks for the kind words. :) And for listening.

Vivaldi wrote a mandolin concerto and I've been wondering how it would sound on ukulele.

Good luck in Cambodia! I've never been to that bit of the world, but one of my brothers keeps threatening to retire to Northern Thailand, which he loves.

Number 8. Lovely, absolutely right for the ukulele. Please consider doing PDFs real soon, you'll get reimbursed for them!

awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Completely agree with Janeray :) Can't wait for these etudes to become available!

These are really beautiful. I cant wait to see more.

Top Bottom