Hello from the Netherlands!

Nielzsche

Reaction score
I'm a few days away from my holiday and I decided I wanted to do something useful besides working my summer job this time around.

Since I've never learned to play any instrument whatsoever I decided it was about time. Naturally I ended up buying a ukulele :cool:

I just came up with a goal: I want to play "Norwegian Wood"
Of course I still have a lot of work to do since I have no experience.. Any idea if one summer if enough to get it down?

Anyway, I'm glad I found this big ass forum, time to roam around!

All the best,

Niels

Niels,

Welcome!! I picked up the ukulele last September. If you get the uke bug and practice daily, you'll should be able to get a strumming version down. The finger picking... we're all different at that and requires a lot of dedication :)

What ukulele did you get?

Hi,

I did some reading and decided to pick up a Makala Dolphin.
One more exam on Monday and then I will start practicing for real.

Aloha Neils,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele..Have fun and enjoy..google Musicteacher2010 for some awesome ukulele video tutorials and Dr Uke for songs, chords and instructions..
Happy Strummings..My cousin also likes Norwegian Wood for some reason..I guess the words or something,, I told him it might be a hard song for a beginner to play..MM Stan
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/beatles/norwegian_wood_ver3_crd.htm

Hi Neils; welcome to UU! Your Dolphin will serve you well.

Strumming and singing Norwegian Wood this summer? No problem, have fun! Playing all the cool melodies and leads could be a longer-term goal; just keep at it and you'll get it! If that process is slow, remember to keep having fun learning and playing other songs as you go.

I'm still working on my original ukulele goal: Learn all the songs on The Clash's Combat Rock. Got all but one song on side one and one song from side two down at this point, but I'm only halfway there after a few years. Of course, I've gotten distracted by LOTS of other great music to play along the way.

Have a fun ukulele journey!!

Top Bottom