What do you guys think about the Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert Ukulele ??

Ukulele Mike on youtube plays them and so..... I got nothing!

Aloha Hayashi,
I got one of them....I immediately changed the strings and put aquilas on ....they are heavly built and not that loud but the aquila's helped...tone was pretty good for a Koa laminate and sure is
pretty,....

Hi there, I just put a review on the OU5 (and OU3) in the review section. I tried out the Luna Concert Tattoo in the local Guitar Center. It is a touch louder than the OU5 probably because it is lighter in weight and less overbuilt. However, the C string has an odd booming sound. The sustain is so-so. Also the intonation was off and there was some fret buzz on the C on the sample I tried. The fit and finish were nice. Looked solid. The gig bag was really, really flimsy. The tuners weren't the best. There is a little bit of play between going sharp and going flat. For $89 I think it is a good buy. I wonder what it would sound like with Martin M600 strings on it.

I have one. It was my first uke, as a matter of fact. The intonation is a bit wonky and it's overbuilt. Doesn't really project. You could do worse, but honestly I wouldn't buy one again.

Sure is pretty though.

JJ

Top Bottom