Black Bear Koa Soprano (with hardshell case)

H

Hippie Dribble

hi folks <SOLD><SOLD><SOLD>

near new (bought less than 2 months ago) Black Bear Koa Soprano hand made by Duane Heilman.

some specs:

solid koa top, back and sides
macadamia neck
rosewood fretboard and bridge
15 frets, 12 to the body
bone nut and saddle
grover friction tuners
fremont strings
painted signature on headstock

beautiful uke, plays like a dream and one of the finest sounding sopranos I've heard. Just downsizing the whole collection and looking to replenish bank account.

very light strumwear under soundhole. no issues.

will ship with a mint condition Uke Crazy burgundy hardshell case valued at $65.

Original buying price was $350 without a case.

I am asking $375 with the hardshell case included.

Buyer pays shipping: $50 to USA. $25 within Australia. Other countries please ask for a quote.

Pictures to follow...

Last edited:
apologies for sideways pics, I'm computer challenged :eek:

100_0371.jpg100_0374.jpg100_0372.jpg100_0373.jpg

100_0379.jpg100_0377.jpg100_0376.jpg100_0375.jpg

for any other questions or additional pics please PM me.

Paypal is easiest payment method for me. Thanks for looking everyone. :)

Aloha Eugene,
It looks awesome.. wow you are letting another baby go...holy smokes...I just bought a fluke..sheesh..depleted bank account...it will sell fast, as it is beautiful....MM Stan

Nice uke! My Black Bear all-spruce concert is one of my favorite, favorite ukes. I think someone will be lovin this baby soon. Glad to see you still selling ukes Eugene - a fatter wallet makes life a lot easier.

Eugene, it's a beauty! I see that you're downsizing a lot-- what number will this bring you to? (I just downsized too, it's kind of refreshing. :) )

Wow, that is a very pretty little Soprano. I've never heard of Black bear ukes but I really like the bear logo on the headstock and the finish looks beautiful. Why I come to the marketplace I don't know, I can't wait to be qualified so I can actually afford some of this stuff! Its fun being a student but it sucks having no cash. Maybe by the time I have money to invest I will have a good knowledge of what is out there anyway.
Cheers -F

Just when I thought I had my UAS under control. Where's my sponsor's number? Someone please buy this and put me out of my misery!

Beautiful uke, Eugene!

in response to a request from a fellow member, here is a sound sample I recorded tonight after work. It's rough as it was after midnight and tired etc, but the sound quality of the uke comes through I hope..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxzSvpxdROs

Nat, I'm down to 7. :eek: Guess it still sounds like a lot but 4 months ago there was 24 so I'm feeling lighter. (could still be a little lighter around the mid-range though...he he)

Last edited:
Did my friend buy it ????? Hmmmm

Your friend....um, which one Bruddah? You have more friends than most have had hot dinners...he he... Answer is almost certainly YES!!!!! (Though, technically it hasn't been bought yet)

I suppose that if it's already sold then this is a little late but I own one of these ukes and they are beautifully made, really the craftmanship is equivilent to a $6-800US uke. There were some earlier review comments on the board about some rough spots on some of these ukes but mine is flawless. My koa uke has a soft mellow sound that is different from many of my other ukes, but similar to my KoAloha K series. It's a new uke so it will probably open up with more playing. Just wanted to give an independent shout out to Jon and Duane!

The uke is now sold. Thanks everyone for your interest and comments.

Top Bottom