Wanna get a new uke S or C your opinion not too expensive...100-200

Mainland
or
Kala or this Kala

These are both about $200 and use solid wood (not laminates) from companies with good reputations.

Last edited:
Where do you live? Are you able to go somewhere to try them out in person?

If not, be patient for some answers here! You've posted a whole bunch of "what do you think" posts - let them rest a bit and we'll come a running! Uke players love to talk about their instruments!

If your budget is 100 - 200 then Mainland will be right at the top of your budget, but definitely worth a look. Other good brands include Kala and Ohana - each has a lot of options in your budget.

If you have the chance to look at and play the different sizes definitely do so - it took me a long time and a lot of trial and error to figure out that I like wide neck sopranos (preferably long neck) the best - there aren't a whole lot of options there!

Aloha Hayashi,
A Oscar Schmidt OU2 mahogany laminate is about 59.00 but sounds better dropped tuned..

I think Ohana makes the best quality ukes in your price range. The 25 series is a real bargain!

Mainland, ohana and kala are always a good choice. If you don't mind laminate wood, then the e-series Kamoas are a good choice. The e-series Kamoa concert is under $200 and it sounds great, you can go to ukuleleremix.com to see it in action. Whatever you decide on getting, we want to see some pics of your new baby :)

i got a luna soprano tribal turtle and a luna concert tattoo! at about 160 together so not bad.

Top Bottom