Clip-on digital ukulele tuners?

UkeCanDoIt!

Reaction score
In one of the videos, I saw Aldrine talk about the Play On digital tuner. I did a Google search for Play On and found nothing. Anyone know where to get these or if there are other tuners you recommend? Thanks!

Last edited:
check music guy mic on ebay or elderly instraments. both are great for accessories and such, MGM is a god amoung ukesters round these parts.

I use one like THIS and it works just peachy -- I've also got a Korg like the one listed above -- both work well. I found that I could also use the Korg in a noisy environment if I held it against the soundboard of the uke, of course you could also just plug into it if you have a pickup.

have fun!

Hey I used my ukulele teacher's clip on tuner, it was so good I bought myself one! It's an IMT-500 Intelli Clip on tuner, I bought mine on eBay from a seller called thefretstore for $17.95 - a really good price!

Link to Ebay

Here's the Play On tuner. But if you just type in "Clip On Tuner" in eBay a bunch of different brands will come up. They all do the same thing and some are cheaper than the Play On.

Be sure you pick one up fellas. I can't do without one now. I have an Intelli IMT-500 and I'm highly satisfied.

My clip tuner is a TuneTech Tunner TT-1000 and I lurve it! Carry it with me wherever I go.

Also, not clip-on, but pretty cool to know, if you have an iphone, there's an app called OmniTuner that is terribly sweet. It has a standard chromatic tuner, a clef tuner, and a frequency tuner (I don't really use the last two, but they are neat)

But sweetest of all, it has a fretboard tuner with many settings, you can look up banjo, ukulele (standard) ukulele (baritone), mandolin, a number of guitar settings, violins, etc. There is a picture of the fretboard of the instrument you choose and as the string you're playing comes into tune, the string glows from red to yellow to green (in-tune). Not only is it so cool and cute, it's also a great way to illustrate tuning to any noobs you are introducing the uke to. I used it to teach my 8 year old nephew how to tune his Hilo and it he picked up the concept much faster than when taught him with a traditional tuner. So, if you have an iphone, I highly recommend checking this app out.

I'd have to say that the IMT-500 is indeed a very good tuner. It's def better than any of those models with lights to tell you whether you're sharp or flat. Battery life is reportedly great. And the best part is that the needle stays on the spot at a specific part of your note, so the needle won't slip back down like the Korg chromatic tuner that I used to use for band. I don't know if that makes any sense, but as soon as the store owner deonstrated that feature to me, I knew I had to have it. It's very useful feature. And it ven allows you to keep your capo on while tuning. It's just great.

Top Bottom