"Keep Your Lamp Trimmed And Burning" on a homemade reso cigar box uke

frankiej

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BElotPtIE2s

The uke is kinda thin sounding. I guess that's what you get when you try to make a resonator out of a pineapple can. I was going to do this one on my new Mainland tenor, but the cigar box seemed more appropriate. Enjoy, and thanks for watching!

Mag. Nificent. That's some voice you got there mate. Sure woke a tired man up from his stupor.

Wow!! thanks for all the awesome comments! Just when you aren't too sure about a video, you guys give a great boost of confidence. Much appreciated!

like the "Jukey" feel,

You gotta put up 'Liza Jane' for these folks Frankie...that one is a ripper too...

Really nice job. That resonator doesn't sound bad - not something you'd want to use for every song but it works pretty well there.

John

Awww...thanks a lot guys! You all really are nice with the great comments!

Really nice job. That resonator doesn't sound bad - not something you'd want to use for every song but it works pretty well there.

John

Yeah, its pretty limited. I hardly play it at all, I just happened to grab it and started farting around with that song, so I taped it "while the iron was hot" so to speak. It sounds even thinner in person. It originally was a non-reso uke. It sounded REALLY thin then. I added the DIY reso to amplify it a bit. It doubled the volume, but still... I think my next step may be to amplify it. Or I may find a can that is more resonant. The box is really small, so I think that may be the problem.

You gotta put up 'Liza Jane' for these folks Frankie...that one is a ripper too...
Thanks man! I don't know if it is against any rules or not since it doesn't have a ukulele in it (I'll remove it if anybody objects), but here it is:

Thanks again. I REALLY appreciate it. It certainly means a lot to me.

Top Bottom